Leica Q - the image thread

Advertisement (gone after registration)

The lobby of the Paramount Theatre in Oakland, California. According to the plaque on an exterior wall, the theatre is "a superior rendering of the 'Art Deco,' or 'Moderne' style of movie palace built during the rise of the motion picture industry. The Paramount, which opened on December 16, 1931, is the most ambitious theatre design of architect Timothy L. Pflueger. Restored in 1973, it has retained an exceptional unity of style." 1/60s, f/1.7, ISO 800

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

• Like 15

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, yuddy said:

My Son

LeicaQ

Fantastically precise depth of field, with a slightly soft and very appealing focus on the face, and great film look. Absolutely wonderful!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

5 hours ago, bags27 said:

Fantastically precise depth of field, with a slightly soft and very appealing focus on the face, and great film look. Absolutely wonderful!

+1. A very nice photo to view. The soft fall off of focus is perfect. Exposure is perfect.  The boys expression draws me in and makes me smile. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I think we find this photo attractive cause it has a very deep meaning and hidden symbols which subconsciously trigger our interest...

The photographer looking on the sky through the reflection of the window... Something that the child has the freedom to freely enjoy by raising his eyes... But he is wearing a hat to block it... What is he going to do? Is he about to take it off and stare at the sky?

I think his smile is like "Heh... you can do anything you like, but you are not going to see again such a vast sky as the one that it is in front of me right now.. the sky of my young age and innocence.  And you know what? I don't even care to look at it as most of it is already inside me, it is part of me!! *I am part of the sky and I can fly anywhere I like, by just wearing my little hat and closing my eyes.. Now you can just keep on taking shots of me stealing glimpses from this sky through the window and through my smile..."

Edited by zampelis
  • Like 3

19 hours ago, eawriter said:

The lobby of the Paramount Theatre in Oakland, California. According to the plaque on an exterior wall, the theatre is "a superior rendering of the 'Art Deco,' or 'Moderne' style of movie palace built during the rise of the motion picture industry. The Paramount, which opened on December 16, 1931, is the most ambitious theatre design of architect Timothy L. Pflueger. Restored in 1973, it has retained an exceptional unity of style." 1/60s, f/1.7, ISO 800

Fantastic. I love how you either positioned the camera level or corrected in LR so the walls are vertical. It greatly enhances the image IMHO. "Always the best show in town". I want to go there. Beautiful colors. I might have considered a two shot vertical pano so as to capture the Christmas tree, but I wasn't there so i don't know. Super nice shot on your part. 

• Like 2

I don't know whether or not eawriter used this (or a similar program in LR, PS, etc., as Dan notes), but DxO Viewpoint does a pretty magical job of straightening distortion. I think it's the best program for this, and worth the cost (on sale now) for those of us who largely use wide angle lenses. It plays nice with PS and I believe with LR also.

https://www.dxo.com/dxo-viewpoint/

Edited by bags27

2 hours ago, bags27 said:

I don't know whether or not eawriter used this (or a similar program in LR, PS, etc., as Dan notes), but DxO Viewpoint does a pretty magical job of straightening distortion. I think it's the best program for this, and worth the cost (on sale now) for those of us who largely use wide angle lenses. It plays nice with PS and I believe with LR also.

https://www.dxo.com/dxo-viewpoint/

It does look like a nice program. I'm not unhappy with what LR does for correcting perspective, but this may in fact be an improvement. I'll check it out further. Appreciate the tip.

• Like 1

It's cold in London - icebergs by the Thames - well not that cold as they are melting! 1/25 f/4 ISO 1600

Edited by HighlandK
  • Like 13

• Like 9

Chicago 6-2017  04900596 copy by Robert Goldstein, on Flickr

Edited by robgo2
  • Like 9

Kinderdijk, Netherlands

• Like 14

Eye to eye with the wine flute.  

• Like 7