Leica Q - the image thread

It seems it gets extremely compressed when you upload it here. Have you tried to directly link the Flickr photos in the forum?

Thanks, Dimitris. Do you mean just putting the URL in here, or is there a way that the actual Flickr photo will appear here?

best,

Ken

• Like 1

“Our German scientists are better than their German scientists”.

You bet!  Just look at the percentage of Jewish noble laureates in Russia and across the world:  as of 2017, Nobel Prizes have been awarded to 892 individuals, of whom 201 or 22.5% were Jews, although the total Jewish population comprises less than 0.2% of the world's population. This means the percentage of Jewish Nobel laureates is at least 112.5 times or 11,250% above average.  I do believe in Newton's laws, races and classes

• Like 1

That's one of many Tom Leher songs I've heard so often I know every nuance.  I've quoted that one a few times.

Right after the launch of Sputnik Bob Hope commented in his monologue that he'd like to congratulate the Soviet scientists but he couldn't speak German.

• Like 2

Thanks, stuny. Although I've somehow lost my Lerher LPs, I continue to listen to him on YouTube. His first version of "Vatican Rag" at the Hungry "i" in San Francisco (I believe) evoked the most guilty laughter I've ever heard. It is shockingly funny! 

• Like 1

Wild turkey hen and five chicks. I zoomed the Q to 50 mm then I started taking photos as I approached the group. I'd take a photo then move up a foot then take another and repeat. They're pretty skittish, but this one was close enough. They pretty much took off after one more move closer. Always fun! The 28mm Q is not a good bird camera / lens combo, but it's still fun and the IQ is so good that you can crop pretty tight and still end up with reasonable images.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 6

I recently inherited a 1942 Philco multi-band radio. Pretty fun to play with and it actually WORKS! Yea! I've got some cleanup to do and minor restoration. I love old pieces like this. Just imagine the broadcasts this radio has played over many, many decades. It uses the classic 01A vacuum tubes. 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 11

Great, Dan. In the Boston suburbs they are incredibly ubiquitous--and very, very territorial. Looks they're breeding pretty quickly in your neighborhood as well.

The breed has made a huge comeback after being over hunted decades ago. Last count before this spring breeding season we had 1 Tom, 5 Jakes and 26 hens. There could be over 50 total when all the chicks emerge from nearby woods. Our zoo docent friends tell us they’ll soon divide and some will move to other areas nearby, but not so much overlapping with ours. Some people don’t like them, but I do. They’re very interesting to observe throughout the year.

Thanks, Dimitris. Do you mean just putting the URL in here, or is there a way that the actual Flickr photo will appear here?

best,

Ken

From a quick look I had it seems you need to click the "Share photo" button below your photo on Flickr, then click on "BBCode" tab, select your resolution (max 1280 for the forum) and copy the url from the top text box.

Then copy the url in this forum when you create a new post. You can change the text if you like to change the description of the image.

If anyone else has a more efficient way of doing it please let us know! I haven't done that before and my suggestion may be foolish :)

Edited by zampelis

I recently inherited a 1942 Philco multi-band radio. Pretty fun to play with and it actually WORKS! Yea! I've got some cleanup to do and minor restoration. I love old pieces like this. Just imagine the broadcasts this radio has played over many, many decades. It uses the classic 01A vacuum tubes. 

Lovely. If that's the mains cabe rear/right, it looks fairly lethal!