Lightroom ore Aperture ?

srtorp

I switched to LR when the M8 was released because it took Apple four months to support it. I was so furious because I knew all the shortcuts in Aperture and loved the layout. I sucked it up, learned LR, and never looked back. Apple just tried to get in on a market, and later abandoned it again. Get Lightroom, while you can still get a freestanding version.

No problem whit ME and Aperture, recognize as M9, but i am curius about Lightroom if the give the files a better look, and wokflow

Only one way for you to really know...download a free trial.  Everyone has different skills, shooting and editing tastes and techniques, and output preferences.

Jeff

• Like 1

Try Capture One or Iridient. Aperture is dead. Capture one has some problems with highlight. Iridient has quite good colours. Noise reduction in C1 is the best.

What do you mean by "c1 has some problems with highlight"? I think you have to choose what you're exposing for, ETTR, then c1 will usially let you recover the shadows. Or do you mean something else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Try Capture One or Iridient. Aperture is dead. Capture one has some problems with highlight. Iridient has quite good colours. Noise reduction in C1 is the best.

I find this a strange remark too. Never had any highlights problems with C1

What do you mean by "c1 has some problems with highlight"? I think you have to choose what you're exposing for, ETTR, then c1 will usially let you recover the shadows. Or do you mean something else?

Though I think if you want to be guaranteed of detail in highlights you should ETTL because in thàt case shadow details can always be recovered. Too much ETTL however gives you systematically too dark prints of images that are excellent on screen.

I find this a strange remark too. Never had any highlights problems with C1

Though I think if you want to be guaranteed of detail in highlights you should ETTL because in thàt case shadow details can always be recovered. Too much ETTL however gives you systematically too dark prints of images that are excellent on screen.

oh drat, ettr, ettl, I've muddled havent I? in my mind it's just some acronym for 'expose for the brightest thing you want detail in', hence the mistake. But I think we agree exactly about what it really means. And of course you always have to make a decision based on the 'latitude' of the sensor. i'll see if I can edit. [emoji4]

the business of what's on screen compared to other screens and prints is a bit of a nightmare. i use a modern imac and I can make things have a real zing looking at it when they look a bit dull seen other media - prints and duller screens. C1 10 helps with this as you can set it so you can on-screen proof and even edit in that mode.

• Like 1

No problem whit ME and Aperture, recognize as M9, but i am curius about Lightroom if the give the files a better look, and wokflow

In my view Lightroom does a much better job of editing images than Aperture. Don't get me wrong I was a long time user of Aperture and I still have it installed and I still like it. I just think I am able to see better quality final images using Lightroom.

Also Apple do not support Aperture anymore which was a real bummer. I was so annoyed about that but Apple has form for this sort of thing. iPhoto to Photos etc, best not to rely on Apple for such.

yes this alone makes the upgrade worth it, which is just as well as it is quite expensive.

I started in 2007 with CaptureOne 6, so that's four upgrades of about € 90 in 10 years, which is € 36 per year. Quite reasonable for the best IQ you can get on the market.

• Like 1