Oberwerth Porto for Leica SL

Ivar B

Advertisement (gone after registration)

It may have been discussed previously in the forum also, but I just took delivery of the Oberwerth Porto bag, which is specially designed for the SL. It is really superbly well made (handmade in Germany) and it is also high enough for the 90-280 to fit.

http://www.oberwerth.com/?s=porto

Service from Leica Shop Nurnberg was also first class.

I can really recommend this bag for SL users.  

• Like 1

I'm just looking at the oberwerth William bag, the Porto seem a bit too large for simple sl set up.. anyone using William? Enjoy your new bag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi!

Billingham bag from UK is nice and comfortable with several sizes. I use F1.4 bag with resonable price to keep SL 601, SL 24-90 and two M lens. You can get a Billingham small for simple set up with SL.

Have a nice weekend!

Thanks!

I have got the Oberwerth Porto just recently - and it is really excellent. Find interessant information in the video -

unfortunately only in German, but pictures tell the story:

http://taschenfreak.de/blog/2016/12/11/das-oberwerth-flaggschiff-die-oberwerth-porto-im-test-beim-taschenfreak/

Only thing I cannot confirm - for me it is not possible to wear it cross the shoulders - the strap is too short for me

to use it in this way. But I am a really "strong" one. For wearing the bag as usual the strap is OK for me.

Edited by HeinzX
  • Like 1

Yeah, for big guy the Porto looks good, as I'm not big enough to hold Porto , the video link made me think Porto is oversized for me, the billingham sure look good, I have one for my M set up, but found oberwerth might be better made... of course if we use it as just durable bag the billingham will be better choice, since it's kinda water splash proof,and the leather oberwerth is not , and need more care to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Porto looks beautifully made, like fine luggage, but much larger than I would need every day.

My day-to-day bag for the SL is the Billingham L2 "Alice", which holds camera and SL24-90 lens and enough minor accessories to be useful, or camera and two to three Leica R lenses plus accessories. My big bag, instead of the Porto, is a Tenba Cooper 13DSLR: it's very waterproof, looks like it has almost identical space to the Porto, and costs about half as much. It may not have the high-end luggage look and feel, but it seems to be very well made and durable.