Red Dot -- UK Leica Dealer

Leicauser7

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I've been in a couple of times, bought a lens the first time, placed waiting list order on phone, had a few email exchanges re waiting list, second visit tried out demo M10.  They couldn't have been more helpful.

Mind you, I am also a very nice person   ;) .  Hope this thread has been reassuring that there will be a better outcome

I too am very surprised - this surely must be a misunderstanding of some sort?  I have been to the shop half a dozen times over the last few years and have always had outstanding service from them all, and usually very humourously so from Elaine.

I bought an M3 from them a couple of years ago while my M9 was being adjusted in Wetzlar and when I decided four or five weeks later that film wasn't for me and returned it, they insisted on refunding me the full purchase price without even being asked.

It's always a pleasure to go there and deal with them - I'm sure your problem will be sorted out very soon.

An update -- I spoke with Reddot this morning and due to shipping problems and the fact that we don't see eye to eye on the underlying causes, they have agreed to simply refund my dollars. They were very reasonable about this and I consider this an acceptable conclusion. While I personally wish I had never started with them, my situation seems to be unique and I don't want this thread to in anyway imply that others should hesitate to use Reddot. (Perhaps it can just be deleted?) Overall they seem to be fine people and run a very good business. I do appreciate the feedback that everyone provided which I will point out again was uniformly positive. Thanks.

Edited by Leicauser7
  • Like 4

I am certain that there is a lot more to this story than meets the eye, but I am not sure that the forum is an appropriate place for a rant at a dealer.

I am also certain that Red Dot will rectify this situation as they are good and honest people.

As an aside, many UK businesses no longer accept non-native credit cards for transactions as there is a problem with fraudulent use of the cards. 

• Like 2