Does the Leica M10 come with a free copy of Lightroom?

digitalfx

As a matter of interest I achieve a better quality image by converting the RAW files from my M8.2 with Adobe Photoshop rather than with Lightroom.

That is usually a matter of someone being more used to, comfortable with, or skilled with the Camera Raw plug-in UI vs the Lightroom UI. The underlying raw converter engine and its capabilities are identical. 

• Like 2

Another explanation could be that the poster uses an ancient version of Lightroom and a newer one of Photoshop.Somewhere along the line ( in 2012 I think) there was a spectacular jump in the quality of the conversion algorithms, especially in noise behaviour.

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I find Lightroom easier to use and the menu system is better organised, I never liked the older Adobe progran interfaces. In fact until I got my SL, I ignored Adobe products for that reason. Then with the SL I took up the offer of a free Lightroom tried it and liked everything about it except that is an app of Creative Cloud. If I were to buy another such app, they are all offered to be on subscription which is not what I would want. So I have bought no other app.

• 4 months later...

QUESTION: Does the Leica M10 come with a free copy of Lightroom?

ANSWER: Leica no longer includes a free copy of Lightroom. With the M10, you now get a 90 Day trial of Adobe Creative Cloud.

After 3 months, can you still use the lightroom without the cloud service?

Or it's dead end nowhere to use?

Too bad... i dont usually use the cloud service but the lightroom itself is my way to go

Instagram @jakontil

After 3 months, can you still use the lightroom without the cloud service?

Or it's dead end nowhere to use?

Too bad... i dont usually use the cloud service but the lightroom itself is my way to go

Instagram @jakontil

It’s just a trial period, so you no longer have access to the app if you don’t subscribe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

Actually after the 90 days you still have access to the viewing and rating/filtering/sorting features - basically Adobe Bridge will work, as well as Lightroom, but without the ability to edit photos.

• Like 1