In the old days

pico

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I don't know where to post this. I've been reading the posts regarding ISO vs whatever. High digital ISO opens doors to possibilities that olde phartes like me could not imagine. Enjoy it!

A photo taken in a large farm kitchen with one bare 60W light bulb in a 12' ceiling. If I were better prepared I would have used a bounced electronic flash but, nooo I was a 'Leica' photographer. :( Leica M4 with 85mm F/1.8 Canon lens. Film: Kodak 2475 pushed in HC-110.

dawn-n-sean.jpg

Scanned from a print on Agfa Brovira grade #6. Extreme!

Edited by pico
  • Like 11

I don't know where to post this. I've been reading the posts regarding ISO vs whatever. High digital ISO opens doors to possibilities that olde phartes like me could not imagine. Enjoy it!

A photo taken in a large farm kitchen with one bare 60W light bulb in a 12' ceiling. If I were better prepared I would have used a bounced electronic flash but, nooo I was a 'Leica' photographer. :( Leica M4 with 85mm F/1.8 Canon lens. Film: Kodak 2475 pushed in HC-110.

dawn-n-sean.jpg

Scanned from a print on Agfa Brovira grade #6. Extreme!

Beautiful, Pico!

• Like 3

A lot of memory when I look at this kind of photo Pico

And say that some photo softwares or even cameras that try to imitate this grain
And why not directly shoot in film  in this case ?

great conservation of this negative no equivalent for the moment .

Very nice picture for me ! like a painting

Henry

great conservation of this negative no equivalent for the moment .

Which reminds me that the original negative has degraded to almost nothing. I do not know if it is due to the Kodak 2475 film, or the hasty processing done at the time. All that is left is the original print. Bummer.

• Like 4

Which reminds me that the original negative has degraded to almost nothing. I do not know if it is due to the Kodak 2475 film, or the hasty processing done at the time. All that is left is the original print. Bummer.

Pico , I have negatives and slides intact without any damage since 1969 which is exactly 48 years !

Pico , I have negatives and slides intact without any damage since 1969 which is exactly 48 years !

I have a lot of negatives, too, however at times I worked under precious deadlines and did not sufficiently wash a few rolls.

• Like 2

Maybe not enough fixation???? Depleted fixer or not long enough time????? May have needed more fixation due to thicker emulsion?????

I still like taking photos like this, grain is good!

Ilford Delta 3200, exposed at 1600, developed for 3200, M2, 50mm Summicron.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 4

Love how the light sneaks around the pillars from behind....which can be only seen on film this way:

Leica M7, Ilford Delta 3600 used with ISO 3600, developed with Xtol. CV 21/1.8 lens

p2201148440-5.jpg

And something a bit spooky ;) :

Leica M6, Kodak Tri-X 400 pushed to ISO 1600, developed with Xtol. CV 35/1.2 II lens

p2201138261-5.jpg

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

...stuff of nightmares. Eek!

• 1 month later...

Lovely shot Pico.  Ahhh, Kodak 2475.... I used it all the time when I was in high school as the school newspaper and yearbook photo geek for all the night sports and theatrical events.  I also used a lot of 120 Royal-X in my Yashica TLR; probably not the best materials by today's standards but they got the job done!

• Like 1