M10 Hardware Tether

Paul J

Advertisement (gone after registration)

So there is no USB for the M10.

This is a very serious omission for someone like me who relies on hardware tether for their work, and I believe there are many who use the camera in this way even though it seems they are not well represented on this forum.

No USB, for me, means I would have to use another system instead. This is not something I want at all, for a lot of reasons.

Someone in another thread said there is a connector underneath the base plate, and underneath the panel where the SD card picture is. Can someone please confirm this and is it the same as the connector or the Typ 240?

If so I am hoping, pleading, begging that Leica put back the USB functionality in the M10-P.

So for anyone interested, I'm just cross posting this here for info:

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/269227-m10-sorry-no/?p=3211134

There is one account from a member here, seeing a connector port underneath the panel that is underneath the base plate, so it's there but covered up like the M-D (Typ 240)

So hopefully we will see a return of the USB in a grip in a future M10-P or something similar.

Perhaps Video functionality could be added with a grip too ???

Edited by Paul J

Yeah, it is no doubt the future but it's a while off being able to replace hardware tether for a fast, stable and reliable connection.

Agreed. Although they did allow it to be connected over a wifi base station, so that allows some extra stability and freedom for range of motion. But it is not nearly fast enough I think.

That is interesting re base station.

When a DNG can be delivered to a desktop/laptop and appear in the raw convertor in 2-3 seconds, and sustain that throughput without dropping connection for hundreds of photos, and when it can be accessed while still shooting and maintain a quick and stable connection then it will be ready. I will actually prefer it. But in the meantime they've got to put usb back as an option for those that need it.