M10 - Solid Green line

siraf72

Here is a sample image, I've cropped it it to make it more clear. In some photos the line is VERY visible and ruins the picture, in others it seems to disappear (presumably depending on the tonal properties of the image??). 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

I had something similar... it was red and happened only occasionally (but enough to be a problem) with my M262, so I sent it in to Leica NJ and they replaced my sensor and some other technical stuff. Works better than original sensor in my opinion. Took a little over a month to get the camera back. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Not sure about the lights. AWB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some of the different lighting does weird things to white balance.

I've seen and had green, pink. blue casts on images.

I don't normally shoot in those places but when I do I make a quick couple of test shots with different WB settings and settle on the closest to normal.

• Like 1

I don't see a line per say. I see light contamination I think. The lighting in the background looks like some type of mercy vapor which can go green depending on how the camera saw the lighting source. Where as Mike51 example has a defiant line in the photo.

Edited by ru2far2c
  • Like 1

I don't see a line per say. I see light contamination I think. The light look like some type of mercy vapor which can go green depending on color how the camera saw the light source. Where as Mike51 example has a defiant line in the photo.

There is a line right thru the middle of the image...look closely. Its hard to see because of the sodium vapor lights are casting the entire image green. Looks like a sensor issue. 

OP- can you reproduce this on all images? or is it limited to this location?

I had something similar... it was red and happened only occasionally (but enough to be a problem) with my M262, so I sent it in to Leica NJ and they replaced my sensor and some other technical stuff. Works better than original sensor in my opinion. Took a little over a month to get the camera back. Good luck!

That is good service turn-around!

There is a line right thru the middle of the image...look closely. Its hard to see because of the sodium vapor lights are casting the entire image green. Looks like a sensor issue. 

OP- can you reproduce this on all images? or is it limited to this location?

Being on an iPad I had to enlarge the image to see the line. If it is repeatable I send it back to Leica for sure.

I don't see the specific green line. I do see a green cast over the image.

its there...its straight thru the image from one end to the other. Its clearly a sensor issue as the line is perfect across the frame.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by digitalfx
  • Like 1