Black logo for M10

tjxism

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I ordered a black logo from DAG camera(M9, hopefully it will fit), but I can't wait for it to arrive. So I took 20 mins work with hair dryer and two blisters on my thumb and ripped the red dot logo off. it turns out the logo is sticked on by double sided tapes. Without the logo it's a hole allowing access to the screw for adjusting the rangefinder. I tape the hole with the only sticker I can find in my house. If I know it will look this nice then probably I won't go through all the trouble but just tape the red logo...

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

No it's a dedicated soft shutter release. I think you can find on LFI store. It comes with an o-ring on the bottom so it holds better Tan any othet I've used. God knows how many I've lost.

Sorry, that wasn't quite what I meant.

The emphasis was on the colour.

• Like 7

Leica had the right idea with the black M8.2, which came standard with a black logo (the silver M8.2 came with a red dot).  Unfortunately, Leica apparently didn't have the authority to do that, as I believe the logo (and Leica script) is owned by Leica Microsystems, and apparently they weren't amused.

So, Leica could leave the logo off (as in P versions), but they can't change the color.  At least that's my understanding.

DAG, of course, can do anything he wants as a third party.  I got black dots from him for my silver back-up M8.2 (didn't need one for my black M8.2), and again for my black M240.  Don't know what I'll do for my forthcoming silver M10....I'll wait until I see it.  I'd be interested if the M8/9 black dot fits. [i saved my red dot that came with M240 so that the new owner can decide....and, yes, it's much bigger than the M8/9 dot.]

Jeff

Edited by Jeff S

Exactly the other guy made the logo silver in the other thread which completely skirts the point that the issue isn't the color but rather the fucking logo!

Haha, that was me, and I disagree, the red on the logo itself is the eyecatching part. You have to be quite close to tell a silver-on-silver dot is a Leica Logo.

These blanks come in silver and black and are even more discrete. They probably do ones that fit the M10 too

http://www.mgrproduction.net/_p/prd1/3610873891/product/leica-red-logo-replacement-for-m240

Edit- they do one that fits the Q/m9 so that probably works. I just ordered a silver one for my 240. Only £9 so I'll see when it gets here if I get the urge to try it

Edited by Surelythisnameisfree

Well, replacing the logo has nothing to do with being discrete or low profile. In fact i like to catch people's reaction when I approach them(often), with or without the red dot there's no much difference.

It's all about making the camera fits your personals preference and most importantly, having fun. It doesn't help making better photo, at all! Personally I'd like to have a smooth cover without any engraving but that'll make replace the cover back to the original red logo far more difficult.

Btw I did not receive the M9 black logo but every info I get from the web indicates it'll fit.

• 2 months later...

Why doing it at all ? I don't understand why people tape the logo ( doesn't matter if Leica, Nikon, Canon etc.).. in particular the M10 dot is not super big and flashy....of course everyone can do whatever he/she wants to do but I just don't get it.

• Like 1

Why doing it at all ? I don't understand why people tape the logo ( doesn't matter if Leica, Nikon, Canon etc.).. in particular the M10 dot is not super big and flashy....of course everyone can do whatever he/she wants to do but I just don't get it.

+1.

But hey, their money, their choice, no skin off my nose.

I just find the red softie / red logo (or lack there of) amusing.