UK delivery updates

satureyes

Given Steve Huff's exuberant latest preview [aren't they all? :lol:  ], maybe some will be switching orders to the c.£4k Sony 24MP A9 camera – with inbuilt EVF that's allegedly better than the SL's. And due in June 2017.

Edited by microview

Your kidding right?

Because it's unethical for one.

And a crappy way to treat your customers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

No doubt someone is offering over retail price to jump the queue. It happens with most scarce products. - a fact of life unfortunately.

Given Steve Huff's exuberant latest preview [aren't they all? :lol:  ], maybe some will be switching orders to the c.£4k Sony 24MP A9 camera – with inbuilt EVF that's allegedly better than the SL's. And due in June 2017.

O.k., that might be true!

But neither a Leica SL nor a Sony A9 do have a Rangefinder!

So this comparision is really stupid ...

Collected my black M10 from Harrison Cameras in Sheffield today. I ordered it on the 19th Jan at 10.00am and was 6th on the list for a black one when I placed the order.

Hope the rest of you that are waiting get yours soon. 

• Like 1

Placed an order with Selfridges on 10th of April for a silver chrome M10, was fourth on the list, 

Emailed them today 4th of May they told me I am the third on the list now, 

Looks like its clearing back orders very slow. 

I was in Leica Mayfair today and they said they thought their current list would take 6-7 months to clear. 

On the upside, I had my M10's sensor cleaned free-of-charge. What a great service that is.

I contacted Leica Mayfair, Manchester, Reddot, these three dealers for Leica has too much backorders to clear, and it doesn't seem like its clearing very fast. 

I think best option is one to try with Harrods or Selfridges where there's lesser backorders, but yet again I am not sure if dealers such as Reddot might get more stocks than in Harrods/Selfridges.. 

Today's the day! Collected from London dealer this morning  – ordered Jan 19. Waiting for battery to charge but slimness is appreciable vs 240/262  :)  but weight obviously greater than with 262 :(. Focus: if you needed a dioptre before, you will need one now. No improvement in rangefinder focusing except that there's live view option (M10 dioptre on back order for several weeks now). ISO control very stiff to raise but this will probably 'run in'. Don't see this as better than menu ISO control. BTW was charged order price, rather than today's +£250.

• 2 weeks later...

Pleasantly surprised to get a phone call this morning to say that a M10 is on its way to me from a UK dealer, I ordered just after the launch and was told that I was no 10 on the list about a month ago. I was told that those on the list before me were out of the country and on holiday and I had been moved up the list. Apparently as we know M10 's are trickling in one by one.

I am actually quite excited, not since ordering the original Monochrom have I looked so forward to a new camera, I am getting a spare battery but the Visioflex is out of stock, can't have everything !

Pleasantly surprised to get a phone call this morning to say that a M10 is on its way to me from a UK dealer, I ordered just after the launch and was told that I was no 10 on the list about a month ago. I was told that those on the list before me were out of the country and on holiday and I had been moved up the list. Apparently as we know M10 's are trickling in one by one.

I am actually quite excited, not since ordering the original Monochrom have I looked so forward to a new camera, I am getting a spare battery but the Visioflex is out of stock, can't have everything !

Might try Ffordes.com for Visoflex – they supplied me with one a fortnight ago, after a long wait.

Visoflex (great tool, don't want to miss it) is listed at Leica UAE (Dubai) as "add to card" - so I assume, it is in stock. They ship internationally, are very friendly and helpful....might be worth a try ?