UK delivery updates

satureyes

Advertisement (gone after registration)

This topic has gone very quite has anyone in the UK managed to get an M10 in the last couple of days?

Don't think so. Managed to prise it out that I'm 16th on the list where I've paid a 2000 quid deposit. That's a good load of deposit cash sitting there and that's just for the silver models.

Red Dot told me today there was no movement on deliveries.  I'm at 15 from 16 and even that (I speculate) is because a promised deposit did not arrive.  They had an initial shipment of three blacks and three silvers and nowt since.  Plenty of patience needed.  Reassuringly nice people at Red Dot though - and it's not like I don't have an excellent camera already.

• Like 2

Hi Mike,

Sorry to disappoint but I was told that they only had one camera. May have been a cancelation?? My original quote of beginning of March may be still valid for their scheduled delivery. 

Hope you are lucky,

Les

Hi Mike,

Sorry to disappoint but I was told that they only had one camera. May have been a cancelation?? My original quote of beginning of March may be still valid for their scheduled delivery. 

Hope you are lucky,

Les

Thanks Les, I can wait. Leica Manchester are great to do business with, very professional and share a love of photography.

Mike.

Hi Mike,

Hope you are lucky,

Les

I placed my order on the 19th Jan and so far my dealer has received just one camera to satisfy their list of pre-orders, they don't know when they will be coming a box just arrives.

So now I am number 4 and I would be happy with the beginning of March I just wish Leica would tell us that.

Surely Leica can provide an estimated time of arrival (ETA) for dealers to pass on to customers this is just good customer service.

I run a High End HiFi retail business and we can always get an ETA from the manufacturers of equipment, sometimes it may be 3 months+ but at least it gives our customers and idea and they live with it.

I feel sorry for the Leica dealers that must be plagued by calls from anxious customers but its not their fault its Leica's, I hope someone at Leica reads these forums and uses the feedback for continual improvement.....not just to the cameras. 

My quoted delivery time from Leica Manchester is eight to twelve weeks from 25th January. Which would take it to the end of April at the far end of that quote but even then nothing was guaranteed.

I placed my order on the 19th Jan and so far my dealer has received just one camera to satisfy their list of pre-orders, they don't know when they will be coming a box just arrives.

So now I am number 4 and I would be happy with the beginning of March I just wish Leica would tell us that.

Surely Leica can provide an estimated time of arrival (ETA) for dealers to pass on to customers this is just good customer service.

I run a High End HiFi retail business and we can always get an ETA from the manufacturers of equipment, sometimes it may be 3 months+ but at least it gives our customers and idea and they live with it.

I feel sorry for the Leica dealers that must be plagued by calls from anxious customers but its not their fault its Leica's, I hope someone at Leica reads these forums and uses the feedback for continual improvement.....not just to the cameras.

Same every time.

I think if people have placed a deposit they should be given a 'built by' date. A camera should be assigned to them as soon as the pre order is placed. If they don't want to pay a deposit then I think it's fair that they go on a 'when it's ready' list but for those who have paid I think it's courtesy to allocate a pre build camera to that person.

It makes it very difficult for forecast spending and kit upgrades as a professional if there is all this smoke and mirrors surrounding the cameras. It's the same every time though.

• Like 1

My quoted delivery time from Leica Manchester is eight to twelve weeks from 25th January. Which would take it to the end of April at the far end of that quote but even then nothing was guaranteed.

I think that will be the retailer's guesstimate. If Leica Manchester are like my local dealer then Leica will not have told them that delivery date.