UK delivery updates

satureyes

Red Dot in London

1 Black

1 Silver

I was #2 on the list when I put my name down back in October or November (if I remember correctly)

£500 deposit per camera 2 weeks before the launch

I have both cameras :) #1 on 18th January & #2 on 30th January

Nice work ordering pre-launch. I used to ask dealers but they were like 'we can't put you on a list for a camera that doesn't officially exist' 

If I knew I'd have sold my M240 a few weeks earlier and stuck my name on lists. 

Ordered: 19th January 10.00am

Colour: Black

Dealer: Harrison Cameras

List Position: 5 (However one camera was received by Harrison shortly after the launch for customer number 1 so now i've moved up to number 4)

Deposit: none

Still no further information when any Camera's will arrive

Ordered: a few days before announcement, £500 deposit paid to secure list position on announcement day.

Colour: Silver

Dealer: Red Dot

List position on ordering: 9

Camera delivered: 4 Feb.

IMHO Red Dot have been very good. Excellent service, and a fair deposit procedure.

Ordered: a few days before announcement, £500 deposit paid to secure list position on announcement day.

List position on ordering: 9

Camera delivered: 4 Feb.

IMHO Red Dot have been very good. Excellent service, and a fair deposit procedure.

Seems that pre-pre-orders have generally been delivered :)

I would have placed a pre-pre-order but when I enquired of my dealer on the 12th January if Leica were going to release a new M soon they said "have not heard anything yet"  :( 

Yes - this is the standard reply - those people took a punt and slapped a deposit on a camera that hadn't been announced yet with a fair basis for assuming it would. 

Leica Mayfair don't take deposits and I don't think they would have a waiting list for something that wasn't announced. if they did it would be a perpetual list of 'keep my name on here for the next model' 

I may give them my details for the M11 :)

List position on ordering: 17th on list when added on the 19th Jan. Currently 4th on the list as of 3rd Feb!

10% deposit taken to secure place etc. Great service from Red Dot. Hopefully won't be too long now.

Edited by SiOnara

When ordered: 19th January

What colour: Silver

Which dealer: RedDot London

Where you were on the list. 31 when I place the order and number 6 now.

I was told When I placed the order that I would be on the list for seven days but then taken off if I had not made a deposit within that time.

Bought my M4 and all my lens from RedDot always happy with the service.

• Like 1