ANNOUNCING FERRANIA P30® ALPHA – ISO 80 BLACK AND WHITE 35MM FILM

Keith (M)

I'm going to change my rewards to the P30

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Also got the news today as a Kickstarter backer. I'm not in a hurry, the Ferrania film will come.

Concerning Fuji: it seems they are only interested in making (more) big profit from their Instant Instax line (mini & wide). 

Best

I wouldn't count Fuji out just yet. The only way Kodak could downsize wasn't simply that it went bust, but that it needed to work out how to make film in smaller amounts and not run massive machines to supply a 'relatively' small demand. Ilford/Harman have done this, Ferrania are doing this, Kodak are doing this, Fuji..........wait and see. But if they had the vision to reboot the instant film market all is not lost.

• Like 1

The Ferrania P30 looks interesting; I shall try it as soon as it becomes available.

Since the beginning of the digital era, I am looking forward to the revival of film. I knew it's going to happen ... just didn't know when. But I always expected a similar development as in wristwatches. When the quartz revolution came along in the late '60s, early '70s, mechanical watches became virtually extinct within just a few years. But in the mid or late '80s, their resurrection started and still continues today.

Well—it seems the time has come. While film never was really dead, it definitely was continuously declining, with more and more films being discontinued. But know there's new or revived stuff like Washi, CineStill, Ektachrome, P30; film sales numbers are growing again ... wonder what's coming next. Boy, am I glad I have my Leica M-A :)

• Like 6

Well—it seems the time has come. While film never was really dead, it definitely was continuously declining, with more and more films being discontinued. But know there's new or revived stuff like Washi, CineStill, Ektachrome, P30; film sales numbers are growing again ... wonder what's coming next. Boy, am I glad I have my Leica M-A :)

Yes, though it's a shame that Fujifilm are reported to be bailing out of 135 format transparency and consumer colour film. I guess they have recognised that much of the new buzz around film is focussed on black & white and "pro" colour C41 like Portra and 400H when it comes to the small format. 

Here's a short video with an update:  http://www.filmferrania.it/news/2017/quick-updates

I saw the sample P30 photos on Ferrania's website http://www.filmferrania.it/p30/ and wondered about the lines in the images.  This explains the cause of those lines and the fix.  It looks like we are one step closer to availability of P30...

Edited by Carlos Danger
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I shot this photo recently on P30 Alpha.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

I also shot this photo on P30 Alpha.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 5

I received my order on the 30th March, however I had contacted FILM Ferrania asking if I could have an early delivery.

I had a deadline for a magazine article I have written about Ferrania and the P30 Alpha.

It looks good how did you find it and what developer did you use ?

I'm hoping mine will be here for my holiday if not I have another in September

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I had my films processed at Ag-Lab, they use Fuji Negastar dev. Perhaps you could use a roll of film to do strip tests. Ag did this for me. You should get some processing info with the film. I have recently made some A3 high quality digital art prints from the P30 Alpha photos.

The film has superfine grain, it's hard to see any at A3, it has high defintion. Film contrast is quite high and it has a tendency to orthcromaticity,

both of which give the film a nice look. I can recommend this film to you. Above photos shot on M2, Summarit-M 50mm f2.5.