Leica M10 and Hasselblad X1D

Peter H

Advertisement (gone after registration)

What is the thing that stands out to you on the M10 then? My first thought was about being able to set all the important settings before even the camera is on, having visualised an image first, along with the light conditions etc.

• 8 months later...

I'm not exactly sure you mean to use M lenses on the X1D, or vice versa. But I doubt they would be compatible in either direction for:

1) M lenses do not project large enough image circle to cover the 44x33mm sized sensor of the X1D.

2) XCD lenses are drive by wire that require signaling from the camera body. Any adapter to mount the XCD lenses would need to implement the same signaling, which is probably difficult, or proprietary to Hasselblad, or both.

Alex

Is there any M-Mount adapter available for X1D ? 

• Like 1

How do you find the output from both the M10 and X1D? Any comparisons?

You may well have made the best decision possible for your needs.

The world's changing again! None of them are poor cameras, unless they don't work or you can't afford them...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Indeed! I stand corrected of my previous comment. A user has posted some photos with this adapter, the vignetting looks much better than expected:

http://www.hasselbladdigitalforum.com/index.php?topic=5313.0

Alex

A note for my own question, Kipon has introduced a new adapter for using M lenses on X1D

http://www.kipon.com/en/articledetail.asp?id=115

Yep. You need to log in.

It's a single picture shot with the X1D and a 1957 summicron. I think the corners are too dark for general use. You'll need to crop or frame with a darker background. But some lenses will cover the image circle.

Personaly I'm not getting one but I've ordered the Canon EF adaptor. Now that'll be interesting.....

Gordon

Do we have info on the image circle sizes of M-lenses? Sounds like some are larger than others? I was quite surprised to see how little vignette there was with the '57 cron.

... But some lenses will cover the image circle...

• 9 months later...

After looking at some posted results it would seem that a number of Leica RF and Viso lenses would provide a more than satisfactory image. Given the possible use of some Leica lenses for smaller frame MF perhaps its time for manufacturers to post lens test results for a larger radius or make them available on request?  Regards, Ron