Where are the Batteries for the M10?

glenerrolrd

Advertisement (gone after registration)

They had to ship them all from China via cargo (no air)...or maybe that was just an excuse and DJI has cash flow problems too :)

* :) denotes this later part is a joke.

Especially as they are supposed to have bought Hasselblad.......

I appreciate it's not ideal but I rather doubt the camera is really that "useless for many applications" with only the one battery.

As for travel, you can always take the charger with you and top up the battery at opportune times or do you plan to be stalking the streets 24 hours a day?

Well, yes, I do.  At Mardi Gras, I always have a pocket full of batteries.  I usually take between 600 and 1200 images.  At the rates posted, that's two to four batteries, to be safe.  Looks like even if my M10 arrives in time, I won't be taking it.

• Like 1

I imagine you have other cameras. Why are you taking 1,000 images – are you the official event photographer?

Not official, but in a way.  Used to make a book each year for friends of the private parties for the krewe, our parade, in the street, etc.  I've had several exhibitions through the years, and if I ever get in gear, a retrospective book or two to publish--Katrina wiped out many photo collections; mine survived.  By the way, the pros I know take many more.  

I prefer an autofocus camera at Mardi Gras, but am tempted to bring my M240 with a 35mm lens (with several batteries).  Last year I used the Q; it is convenient and fast, but it is a bit wide for street portraiture.  I am considering the SL this year, but don't look forward to lugging the zoom.  It also has the disadvantage of being intimidating.

Edited by dempski

I imagine you have other cameras. Why are you taking 1,000 images – are you the official event photographer?

:)

Sure, don't we all want 1000 images from a battery?

I don't have any issues with the M10 battery...it seems to be the perfect balance of size/weight and life.

I get a full day of normal shooting...and most days come back with at least 50% remaining. But I'm never going to shoot 1000 image in a day.

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I don't have an issue with the Sony a7 battery so I don't suppose I will be disappointed with the M10 battery. I did order an extra battery, which is MIA still, but the battery life is not a reason for me to be disappointed. This is where we are with mirrorless cameras and probably will be for another decade unless a new battery tech arrives.

Found some batteries at Leica Store Mayfair in London last week. Had a business associate pick them up for me and he hand delivered them to me today in Colorado. Too many hoops to jump through for batteries...

Edited by Jon
  • Like 1

:)

Sure, don't we all want 1000 images from a battery?

I don't have any issues with the M10 battery...it seems to be the perfect balance of size/weight and life.

I get a full day of normal shooting...and most days come back with at least 50% remaining. But I'm never going to shoot 1000 image in a day.

I have no horse in M10 race but lack of camera essentials like spare batteries at launch is poor service.

Sometime i go by by half a dozen pictures for a weekend but i can take 1000+ pictures a day when opportunity presents itself.

Other thought; Very often you find second hand digital M's with few hundred or even few thousand activation, most probably part exchanged for newer & shiner version, it seems typical M digital shooter could get by with SD cards fit for 36 shots and maybe pair of button batteries. 

• Like 1

I don't know the situation in U.S. or elsewhere overseas. 

Though in Germany you find the batteries for the M 10 easily at sellers who did not hurry to offer the M10 and are only announcing it on their websites since a couple of days. But they had the batteries from the very beginning (I got one from such an online seller about three weeks ago, still waiting for my M10 from a Leica Store).