Film Sources

Hi friends,

Was wondering if anyone has thoughts on good places to purchase large amounts of tri x 400 35mm. I'm keen to grab 50-100 rolls at once and hope to find a discounted price.

Cheers!

It would be useful to know where you are because shipping can be a factor in these calculations.

• Like 1

Shipping to either New Zealand or Australia

Does it have to be tri-x?

I only ask as Fomapan 400 can be had cheap from blanconegro in Sydney. That's what I use, and if you contact chris he might give you a deal.

Otherwise, tri-x locally will not be cheap. Better to get HP5 if you don't want to go the Fomapan route, but still expect to pay A$7 a roll or thereabouts.

Purchasing that amount screens for a bulk roll btw.

• Like 1

Purchasing that amount screens for a bulk roll btw.

For some reason that only Kodak Alaris understand, a bulk roll of Tri-X is priced more expensive than buying the film in multiples of single rolls. For example, at B&H 100' of Tri-X is $129 and a single 36-exp roll is $4.95. At Silverprint in the UK, bulk is £184 :o  and a single roll is £6.40.

For the OP, I doubt that you'll find a cheaper way of buying 100 rolls of Tri-X than getting it from B&H.

Edited by wattsy

• 1 year later...