WiFi problem

CYBORA

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On the first week, the WiFi connection between my M10 and iPhone was great. ( Create WiFi mode )

But today , the WiFi connections started to drop even the devices are put side by side. The other problem is that when they are connected via the iOS app, no image is seen on the list in the app and then I got the error connection message in the app. I couldn't transfer any single image today.

Someone experienced this problem ?

Edited by CYBORA

I understand there are 2 methods of connecting the iPhone to the camera.

I tried the "Join WLAN" first. While I could locate my home wifi, I could not input any digits/characters/letters of my password.

So I tried the second method of "Creating WLAN" and no problem, I could enter a password and successfully transfer pictures from camera to iPhone.

Just wondering if you were successful in "Joining WLAN" as well.

Thanks!

On the first week, the WiFi connection between my M10 and iPhone was great. ( Create WiFi mode )

But today , the WiFi connections started to drop even the devices are put side by side. The other problem is that when they are connected via the iOS app, no image is seen on the list in the app and then I got the error connection message in the app. I couldn't transfer any single image today.

Someone experienced this problem ?

Are you shooting just RAW? The iOS will just accept jpg..

Are you shooting just RAW? The iOS will just accept jpg..

I can transfer both JPEG and RAW.

The connection problem is already fixed by itself.

It might be a signal interference at office and also I restarted my iPhone before coming home. The restart operation might fix a problem on my iPhone that causes this issue that arose at that moment.

Edited by CYBORA
  • Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

If people have problems with the M10 Wi-Fi system then it might be worthwhile consulting a similar thread in the Leica Q forum where the problems of Wi-Fi connection and the App have been a matter of debate for quite a long time.

From what I gather, the implementation of the M10 Wi-Fi is broadly the same as that with the Q – meaning that Leica doesn't seem to have taken much of the discussion there on board.

I understand there are 2 methods of connecting the iPhone to the camera.

I tried the "Join WLAN" first. While I could locate my home wifi, I could not input any digits/characters/letters of my password.

So I tried the second method of "Creating WLAN" and no problem, I could enter a password and successfully transfer pictures from camera to iPhone.

Just wondering if you were successful in "Joining WLAN" as well.

Thanks!

I have the same problem The camera will not except input for the password.  

If you ignore that you do not get any feedback from the camera and do no typing error of your password, it actually connects to your local network.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

It will not connect. It goes through the process as described in the manual, when its at the point to input the router password it will not accept any input  

I can't understand why wifi was added to a pure stills camera - well I can, it's the marketing people having their input, like the M240 having video. In my opinion, less is more in camera design and operation.

A week ago I was in DC photographing the Women's March, a day after Trump's inauguration.  I was using my M-246.  A couple hours into the event I wanted to send an image to my wife, who was back home.  There's more than a little irony in having all these nice images at hand, made with a very expensive camera, and yet I had to pull out my iPhone to make an image I could send to her.

If you do any kind of commercial photography, the ability to show a client in real time what you're getting is priceless (and, nowadays, expected).

For many of us, WiFi on the M10 is anything but slick marketing.

• Like 3

I can't understand why wifi was added to a pure stills camera - well I can, it's the marketing people having their input, like the M240 having video. In my opinion, less is more in camera design and operation.

Agreed.....but with Leica less generally seems to cost more.

It will not connect. It goes through the process as described in the manual, when its at the point to input the router password it will not accept any input  

I seem to remember that someone in the forum said that the camera accepted the password entry but did not show any sign of accepting the keystrokes, i.e. did not show any asterisks or bullets when entering it. If so, it would only seem to ignore your entry but accept it at the end. 

• Like 1

Many new computers do not have SD slots or USB 3 for that matter. (2016 Mac Book Pro) From this it appears the SD card will be phased out. Before everyone jumps all over this I am not in favour of this just stating the obvious. Look what has happened to music CD's and DVD's, almost imposable to find CD's, everything is download or streamed. Eventually your camera will download straight to "the cloud"    

• Like 1

Many new computers do not have SD slots or USB 3 for that matter. (2016 Mac Book Pro) From this it appears the SD card will be phased out. Before everyone jumps all over this I am not in favour of this just stating the obvious. Look what has happened to music CD's and DVD's, almost imposable to find CD's, everything is download or streamed. Eventually your camera will download straight to "the cloud"    

You've got a good point but I hope you're wrong.

What happens when you're shooting out in the wilds somewhere.....no wifi, no internet, no luck...

You could of course carry an M4-6-7 with you and some film for back-up, but then there's the TSA and X-ray machines.

If you're right, one way or the other we the "disconnected" are screwed.

Edited by Guest

What happens when you're shooting out in the wilds somewhere.....no wifi, no internet, no luck...

You could of course carry an M4-6-7 with you and some film for back-up, but then there's the TSA and X-ray machines.

The internal storage would have to be increased. If the SD card was removed there would be room for a larger battery. 

I don't think so. You can always set up a network over  WiFi with your computer. There will probably be wireless storage devices by then as well.

WiFi is not synonymous with Internet connection.