Germany /Leica academy

Guest guy_mancuso

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi Guy and fellow forum members in Wetzler,

What an anticipated tour in Leitz's birthplace !!

Enjoy and convey us the good news !! - The new charger is great =)

Bring us the next great news headlines if possible !!

- Silent Shutter

- Next Fast M Lenses

- Upcoming Digital-M Improvements

Cheers

Matthew

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest guy_mancuso

Hi everyone we spent the morning in Heidelberg and yesterday afternoon was in Braunfels which was a wonderful little town . Heidelburg was a large city with university and much more hustle and bustle but still very beautiful. we just arrived in Ludwigsburg and in the morning go to the porshe factory to pick up our cars for our 3 day trip to the swiss Alps, yes this is just painful and not ahving any funa at all.:D

Equipment in tow is the V lux which the ladies and Ralph are using , everyone has a M8 or two and three DMR's also. hopefully everyone will get on the thread and post tonight since we have a stable Mac connection now. Myself just anxious to keep you folks updated and enjoy the ride with us. Here are some shots that I have taken and i am in the thousands now but just some selects to share BTW the M8's are preforming very well, we had 2 dropped lenses and some prayers but they are being repaired.

These were all shot in Braunfels. BTW the Leica Academy lent us any lenses or gear we needed for this trip and needless to say what a great way to go try anything you are thinking about buying a chance to play with. Okay this is seriously dangerous and let me be the first to admit that one right out of the gate. I grabbed the 24 elmarit, Nocti and the 75 cron. Now you did not hear this becuase i will never get one after i say this the Nocti is pretty freaking hot, now don't go putting your orders in because you will kick me out for months. ROTFLMAO

Okay rumors there are really none but when questions are asked and you know me :D about anything in the future Leica will NOT say anything but certainly there is something floating in the air .

Btw leica does use glass from several companies as bulk with leica's formula's but leica does all the work from there and there coatings and asph work just simply can't be matched by anyone. That is why you buy leica lenses and after that tour i certainly can see what all the fuss really is all about , no one builds lenses like this. Truly a work of art, i was seriously impressed and that is hard to do for me. i have seen a lot of manufacturing and very high tech processes and leica is right there with best technology .

i have to say as many of us sit and wait for lenses and almost all of us said the same thing . There really is no way to ramp up production to output more glass faster , yes the have increased there work time frames but for example you put a worker that hand paints the side of a lens past 8 hours a day than she may be prone to a mistake from working to hard on a tedious task, something you really can't do to someone's quality output. Than you hire 300 people than you have to train them and that will not help the backlog right away. So really hard to just say build more faster without comprimising the whole process. But leica has certainly taken steps to be more effective with more machines and such. anyway rambing , here are some images

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Guest guy_mancuso

Couple more here Ralph from the leica academy and Christian Erhardt from marketing US both shot with a Nocti. BTW you CAN shoot this stopped down a touch. LOL

See that fly on Christians shoulder that is the bug i planted to see what is next. ROTFLMAO

Need to airbrush that out

Guest guy_mancuso

My favorite shot of Woody Spedden at 70 years old he is in better shape than any of us. Walking around with 2 M8's and a DMR strapped to his shoulders not counting the lenses too. here taking a espresso break.

trying to take a nice shot of each person , may take me the whole trip but something i would like to do

Guest guy_mancuso

BTW that dog was shot with a 75 cron, seriously i could blow that up to a wall size and it would hold up. i still love my lux but man the cron is nice. Also shot at ISO 640

Guest guy_mancuso

well I have to process more but a couple more random ones.

Lenses

WATE

WATE

Guest guy_mancuso

Another 12mm. okay check in later

Guest guy_mancuso

Thanks jamie , i am having a lot of fun and really am getting some nice images with the M8 , itis a absolute joy to travel with.Today i carried two bodies and yes 10 lenses and really never felt them get in my way, even shot a wedding party in the square taking pictures . LOL

BTW folks Christian does have a image of the new charger , i will post that later when he gives it to me.

Hey everyone

Guy can't get away with only taking pictures of the rest of us so here is our beloved maestro and mentor with his personal collection of favorite stuff

Woody Spedden

Whoops

Wrong color management lets try again

Guest guy_mancuso

No but a Porche 911 turbo would be pretty special. I wanted a Porche since i was 5 years old, no kidding . Been a lifelong dream to own one , but driving one in the Alps will just have to do. LOL

i know i am jealous too. sorry guys. But someone has to do this. LOL

Hey everyone

Guy can't get away with only taking pictures of the rest of us so here is our beloved maestro and mentor with his personal collection of favorite stuff

Woody Spedden

Whoops

Fantastic! Guy really does have the M8 bug ;)

Hey everyone

Woody Spedden

Whoops

I was under the impression that Guy only owned 2 M8' and a ton of lenses.

It looks like he has acquired a few more. I guess you need a body for each lens.

(I know those are others cameras)

Great shots Guy and Woody. I've always wonder what Guy looked like.