Lightroom for M10

ELAN

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Capture One Pro, the latest version, corrects for distortion.

I don't think that it does yet for the M10, although there is quite a set of lens profile controls for lenses that have profiles.  I've run the few available DNG files through C1 without seeing any correction, while Sean Reid says that he does see a slight crop resulting from this in LightRoom with the same lenses.  Also, see Sandy's comment above.  When C1 does allow corrections to SL files, those DNG files contain the necessary correction parameters in an "opcode" section, which is absent in the M10 files seen to date.

scott

Edited by scott kirkpatrick

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Since upgrading to Lightroom 6.10 , I chose to use to the Adobe profile rather than the by default Embeded (M10) profile which (the latter) is too saturated to my liking. YMMV.

Keep an eye on the Lens Corrections being "on" by default on Lightroom 6.10. Unfortunately , the M10 lens menu only offers one single 35 1.4 M lens compared to the M9M which has 3 different 35 1.4 M options to choose from ...

Edited by JMF

Is C1 compatible with LR presets?

Or is there any similar way at all?

Instagram @jakontil

If you want to use presets, ON1 offers a wide range in their editing software.

• Like 1

I'm also using C1. I noticed that it is missing presets for Leica lenses. There is like one lens there. What's up with that?

If you have 6 bit coded lenses detectable in camera, or have selected the lens in the menu it is a moot point with Capture One. You really don't need lens profiles for Leica lenses.

If you have 6 bit coded lenses detectable in camera, or have selected the lens in the menu it is a moot point with Capture One. You really don't need lens profiles for Leica lenses.

Don't need or don't have? Do you guys just leave files as is with C1? I'm more concerned about automatic lens corrections and vignetting. They work in LR, but I don't really like LR and prefer C1 controls.