Nocti 50 f0.95 or M Apo 50 f2 with SL 601?

phongph

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I tend to focus my SL at shooting aperture (a few of my lenses "may" have focus shift, so this addresses that), but if focused down too much, may be hard to theoretically find location of best focus due to increased DOF. Therefore, I don't worry about it and just focus at shooting aperture and magnify if feel I need to check. Great thing about SL is the EVF works well for me (fast, bright, sharp, and large compared to the "pain" in using the EVF on my 240; sure want a SL monochrome now!).

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Neil,

Yes, I realize that. But that makes one a member. My comment was regarding mere visitors. No actual info there for us.

I do special rates for LUF members.........£350 a year that gives you 2 posts a day :) :)

• Like 1

Yes, focussing M-lenses - or other manual lenses - on the SL is easy and accurate and quick - its a joy... Hardly any misses, even with 50Noct, 75Lux or 90Crom. And in contrast to the M-bodies, the viewfinder is ALWAYS perfactly adjusted ;-).

I hardly/never change aperture during focussing, but I may use the magnify buttom, pending on the subject (static, in movement, light conditions, etc), the actual aperture used, the resolving power of the lens, etc.

Its a good feeling to caprure what you see - although I sometimes miss the long, mysterious what-if waiting time before the tannies returned from the lab...

Edited by helged
  • Like 1

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Neil.

You fell for the trap, it's your decision. I do not want to join facebook.

Any problem to open this group for non-joiners ?

cannot [emoji52]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1 to try keeping both

The 50 APO has its own benefit: smaller, lighter and easier to nail focus.

I'd use 50 APO during the day, and switch to Noct at night.

It may be just me but I feel the 50 APO images have a different look from Noct @ 2

• Like 1