M10 - the Image Thread

TheGodParticle/Hari

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Ladyboy

Nyaung Shwe - Burma

M10 + 50AA

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by ortho
  • Like 7

Thanks alot.

India

M10 + Lux 28

• Like 8

Old man - Burma

M10 + 50AA

• Like 9

Hi guys, i had a session with a model couple weeks ago. and i had a chance to bring my new (not exactly new) cheap, fantastic lens, really undervalued lens of all time i say. the elmarit-M 135mm f2.8. i'm happy as a child. here's some photo of the lens. cheers =)

28238748279_fc60030c86_b.jpg

M10 + Summilux 50mm

https://flic.kr/p/K2mY3k

39990713522_fa6b7d4604_b.jpg

M10 + summilux 50mm

https://flic.kr/p/23VQRSJ

28243425839_8653667090_b.jpg

M10 + Summilux 50mm

https://flic.kr/p/K2LWvV

40022187821_0528ddbacd_b.jpg

M10 + Elmarit-M 135mm f2.8

https://flic.kr/p/23YCb64

39124438665_39c51b3c82_b.jpg

https://flic.kr/p/22BhYxk

25151661677_b9b6683b7a_b.jpg

https://flic.kr/p/EjyQKg

• Like 5

Hi guys, i had a session with a model couple weeks ago. and i had a chance to bring my new (not exactly new) cheap, fantastic lens, really undervalued lens of all time i say. the elmarit-M 135mm f2.8. i'm happy as a child. here's some photo of the lens. cheers =)

28238748279_fc60030c86_b.jpg

M10 + Summilux 50mm

https://flic.kr/p/K2mY3k

This one is superb.

• Like 3

HM Naval Base Portsmouth

M10/Summarit 75/2.4

• Like 1

Taken today on the Mid-Hants Railway

50mm Summicron

• Like 3

Started using Capture One. Problem here is principal dancer wearing solid white covered in spotlights. C1 provides fantastic options for recovering a decent image.

This was Francesca Hayward's debut performance as Giselle, last night at Covent Garden. 

M10 and 50mm/f1.4

28395474199_72867be493_b.jpg

39464581014_712d3cc2d4_b.jpg

25304196377_19fafe2cb5_b.jpg

• Like 2

Started using Capture One. Problem here is principal dancer wearing solid white covered in spotlights. C1 provides fantastic options for recovering a decent image.

This was Francesca Hayward's debut performance as Giselle, last night at Covent Garden. 

M10 and 50mm/f1.4

Problem here is the incorrect exposure. With stage lighting the compensation of -2EV is pretty much mandatory, and when dancers wear pure white, like in Swan Lake and Gizelle, even -3EV. M10 is excellent with underexposure, and recovering shadow detail at -3EV would not be a problem even at ISO3200.

When working with ballet dancers, you need to be able to capture the full spectrum, especially in areas close to white.

10557672_10152706711269650_4311536777492

Edited by Irakly Shanidze
  • Like 12

Problem here is the incorrect exposure. With stage lighting the compensation of -2EV is pretty much mandatory, and when dancers wear pure white, like in Swan Lake and Gizelle, even -3EV. M10 is excellent with underexposure, and recovering shadow detail at -3EV would not be a problem even at ISO3200.

When working with ballet dancers, you need to be able to capture the full spectrum, especially in areas close to white.

Thank you for the advice and lovely image. 

Fortunately we were there to see the ballet rather than take photos, any the wife was happy with the momento. I will be better prepared next time. I must admit I only took the camera out as we had exceptionally good seats, bang in the middle row G. A good weekend generally as saw Pina Bausch last night and the Andreas Gursky exhibition today, which was just fabulous.

40180903752_349312b384_h.jpg

• Like 1

Lovely pictures from the Mariinsky. I wanted to go to a ballet and opera there in November, a quick 3-day trip, but my wife said it was too cold! So I'm going to the new Oslo Opera House in a few weeks on my own (plus a quick train trip to Bergen) for an opera (Lucia di Lammermoor) and concert (Goteborg). I have good seats and will be better prepared!

Edited by sls

I'm really not a big friend of color keys. But in this case, I had no choice. :)

• Like 2

M10, Summarit 50.

Edited by Lufizer
  • Like 11

Lovely pictures from the Mariinsky. I wanted to go to a ballet and opera there in November, a quick 3-day trip, but my wife said it was too cold! So I'm going to the new Oslo Opera House in a few weeks on my own (plus a quick train trip to Bergen) for an opera (Lucia di Lammermoor) and concert (Goteborg). I have good seats and will be better prepared!

Good thing you didn't go. Alisa is in Bolshoi now, and Sergey moved to the US :)

Thank you for the advice and lovely image. 

Fortunately we were there to see the ballet rather than take photos, any the wife was happy with the momento. I will be better prepared next time. I must admit I only took the camera out as we had exceptionally good seats, bang in the middle row G. A good weekend generally as saw Pina Bausch last night and the Andreas Gursky exhibition today, which was just fabulous.

You are so right! It took me a few years before I learned how to keep enjoying ballet while shooting it.