M10 - the Image Thread

TheGodParticle/Hari

Leica M10

SEM21

ISO2000

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 2

Sorry if I am posting too many M10 pictures, but today's demonstrations in Washington against Trump's ban of refugees and Muslims got us out into the streets again, M10 in hand.  If you are genuinely interested what this camera can do, you might like this link to images: https://tulipfrenzy.com  And again, if the politics aren't your cup of tea, I understand, but hope you will look at photos with higher resolution than one can post here.  Here, however, is a single image to give you a sense of what today was like:

• Like 14

a couple shots with Noctilux f.95 shot wide open into the sun. I need to do some more testing, but it doesn't handle flaring as well as the M240 or M9

Edited by digitalfx
  • Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

one more

Edited by digitalfx
  • Like 1

a couple shots with Noctilux f.95 shot wide open into the sun. I need to do some more testing, but it doesn't handle flaring as well as the M240 or M9

I don't believe that this kind of flare has anything to do with the camera. It doesn't look like sensor bloom. I see the flare circle that is created by the lens. I think you need to do a comparison using a tripod and a static artificial light source to see if there is any difference. 

• Like 1

I don't believe that this kind of flare has anything to do with the camera. It doesn't look like sensor bloom. I see the flare circle that is created by the lens. I think you need to do a comparison using a tripod and a static artificial light source to see if there is any difference. 

You are correct, the flare in these two examples was created by the Noctilux.

Sorry I wasn't clear in my post above but I wasn't referring to these specific images, but rather my experience while shooting today. I'll dig thru my card and see if I have any examples...but I experienced some weirdness that I haven't seen before using this same lens on the M240.

Edited by digitalfx
  • Like 1

Thank for posting, any difference processing over first set images you posted, appreciate posting these awesome images

Thank you, if this is directed to me. What I'm finding in processing is how little work is needed. The metering is very accurate, the color rendition is very natural.

It is annoying turning off the Lens Profile and Remove CA default settings. (Can you do it once and have it stay off? I don't know how...)

I end up setting Clarity to 10 and Vibrance to 15 to add just a little extra contrast and saturation to what are very naturalistic files.

Would be very curious what you and others find and are doing in LR. Many thanks for looking at the images.

32515199681_52b2bcd0e5_b.jpgUntitled by cookedart, on Flickr

32597145606_ea036262b6_b.jpgUntitled by cookedart, on Flickr

32597144856_5bbaac8d83_b.jpgUntitled by cookedart, on Flickr

Three images, not really wonderful, but are straight from camera jpegs shot at ISO 10,000 @ f/8. Set the jpeg settings to monochrome, contrast and sharpness to high. A guy at the leica store gave me the idea, I think the results are pretty promising. So much so that I set it to a user profile. 

• Like 4

Thank you, if this is directed to me. What I'm finding in processing is how little work is needed. The metering is very accurate, the color rendition is very natural.

It is annoying turning off the Lens Profile and Remove CA default settings. (Can you do it once and have it stay off? I don't know how...)

I end up setting Clarity to 10 and Vibrance to 15 to add just a little extra contrast and saturation to what are very naturalistic files.

Would be very curious what you and others find and are doing in LR. Many thanks for looking at the images.

Just curious what metering you use. Do you find that it overexposes a bit? Just took my first ten shots yesterday inside and found that I needed to underexpose a bit and then correct exposure in LR. I liked the colors better this way. I'm wondering what others think.

Sorry, my mistake!

Here is the image

• Like 3

If you want to set the default for the Leica M10 to have the Lens Profile switched off then just go into develop module with an M10 image selected, click 'reset' which will put it back to the default importing settings for that camera type assuming you do not auto apply any developer presets on import. 

Turn off lens correction, then hold 'Option' on a Mac or 'Alt' I think in Windows and the reset button changes into a set default button, click it and overwrite the default. In preferences you can also configure defaults base on camera serial number, thus have different settings for one M10 to another. You can also set it on ISO, thus configure different defaults for images set to different ISO settings.

I am still waiting for my M10, have a M8 with the M8.2 shutter upgrade, its going to be quite an improvement I think.  Number 31 on the list at Reddot in London.  Until then playing with the downloaded RAW files in Lightroom and developing a default setting that I think will suit.

• Like 2