M10 - the Image Thread

TheGodParticle/Hari

Advertisement (gone after registration)

From a cold morning trip to Harpers Ferry, WV.  Both shot with Fujinon L 50mm f/2.8 LTM lens.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

Also the Fujinon L 50mm f/2.8 lens.  I don't have a 50mm Elmar in good condition at the moment, but the Fujinon is doing the job well.  The color is exactly what I want from this lens.

Edit:  The images of the young coffee drinker are from Shepherdstown, not Harpers Ferry.

Edited by rgeorge911
  • Like 3

M10P + 35 2.0 8 Element

• Like 1

M10 Classic, 35 Cron Vlll.
https://www.instagram.com/focofotographic/

• Like 7

19 hours ago, MikeMyers said:

Lincoln Road is in Miami Beach, Florida, and runs from the Atlantic Ocean to Biscayne Bay.  I live at the end of the road, where it reaches the water.  One of the major streets up and down Miami Beach is "Alton Road".  This art structure was put up maybe 10 or so years ago, about two blocks East of Alton Road.   Kids love walking inside it, as they get a distorted view of the world around them, and anyone outside gets a distorted view of people "inside", to go along with all the bizarre reflections due to the curves.  After several years of trying, this is the first time I got an image that I liked.  The M10 in black seems to be invisible to other people, and the black tape I put over the red "M" most likely helps.  

If you want anything better in way of directions, I can post them here.   I'm thinking of going back there again on a warm, sunny day, and hopefully some people will go inside it.  There are a gazillion different angles to shoot it from - I narrowed my choice down to this one, which allowed me to sort of disappear into an entrance for one of the buildings.  Other than one inquisitive person, nobody seemed to notice me, or care.  I guess they all thought I was a tourist.....

One day, when travel is more practical .... !

First time trying out the new perspective firmware update. Worked like a charm when importing the RAW file into LR. 

M10-P & Summicron 35mm f2 

• Like 8

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 2/1/2021 at 1:11 AM, Kwesi said:

nice photo. By the way, that's probably the world's most famous parking garage

Thanks for pointing that out.  

https://www.archute.com/1111-lincoln-road-car-park-soul-herzog-de-meuron/

• Like 1

23 hours ago, rgeorge911 said:

Also the Fujinon L 50mm f/2.8 lens.  I don't have a 50mm Elmar in good condition at the moment, but the Fujinon is doing the job well.  The color is exactly what I want from this lens.

That jumped out at me, too!

I rarely picked up my M-10, as the 35 Lux FLE and 50 Lux ASPH on the M10 just do not tell the story I want. 

So I got some older glass and the Summarit 50 f/1.5 LTM, especially, is exactly what I want. Still prefer film, but now the M-10 gets attention.

Edited by bags27

1 hour ago, bags27 said:

I rarely picked up my M-10, as the 35 Lux FLE and 50 Lux ASPH on the M10 just do not tell the story I want. 

So I got some older glass and the Summarit 50 f/1.5 LTM, especially, is exactly what I want. Still prefer film, but now the M-10 gets attention.

That’s very interesting!  I have a very clean copy of the old Summarit but it is fogged.  I haven’t been brave enough to trust someone to clean or fix it because it’s notorious for soft coatings.  I rarely even clean my lens surfaces because most lens damage I’ve seen was caused by cleaning.  

Did you find a clear example of the Summarit?  Can I see an example of what is does on the M10?

Best, 

Reed

1 hour ago, bags27 said:

That’s very interesting!  I have a very clean copy of the old Summarit but it is fogged.  I haven’t been brave enough to trust someone to clean or fix it because it’s notorious for soft coatings.  I rarely even clean my lens surfaces because most lens damage I’ve seen was caused by cleaning.  

Did you find a clear example of the Summarit?  Can I see an example of what is does on the M10?

Best, 

Reed

PS - I did look at your film examples with the Summarit posted on this forum.  You get nice depth on the trail and river images.  I may look into getting my Summarit serviced.

32 minutes ago, rgeorge911 said:

Best, 

Reed

PS - I did look at your film examples with the Summarit posted on this forum.  You get nice depth on the trail and river images.  I may look into getting my Summarit serviced.

This is the guy. And please say hello for me, if you do send it to him. He has a huge backlog, so it'll take a bit.

Youxin Ye
16 Fairview Road
Canton, MA 02021
U. S. A.
781-830-9141
www.yyecamera.com

M10-D, 50 Summilux fle

• Like 1

The line-up at a new coffee & pastry shop near my house.

M10-P, 28mm Summaron

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Went on a walkabout alongside Biscayne Bay, Miami, yesterday, not too thrilled with everything being dull and gray.  The sun finally reached a place where the clouds were thinner, getting me a lovely reflection on the water.  Then this small boat came along, and I wondered if I could get it in focus, while the rest of the image wasn't.    M10, 90mm Summicron, cropped since Leica left off the "zoom function".  Processed in DxO PhotoLab 4, as otherwise it became a photo of the reflection in the water.  Sky may look bizarre, but what you see here is real.  Rather unusual.  If you look carefully, you'll see it was photographed in color, not B&W as it first appears to be.  Finally, viewed at a large enough size, I can see that the lens did what I wanted, throw out the focus of everything behind the small boat.  Wishful thinking, but I didn't expect it to work so well.  

• Like 8

Bonjour ,

février 2021 castet _ croix et château féodal dans les pyrénées ...

leica m10-p "reporter" + summarit-m75 / 2.5

Edited by ejk64
  • Like 5

On 2/7/2021 at 5:03 PM, lucerne said:

Thanks for posting the link.  I thought you might enjoy seeing what it looks like now.  

Photo taken yesterday, M10 with 15mm Voigtlander f/4.5, cropped to fill the screen with the building.

• Like 1

Leica M10 with CV 50mm 2.0 APO 

• Like 14

M10 - summicron 35 mm

Chile

• Like 9