M10 - the Image Thread

TheGodParticle/Hari

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Here is the color version, with some postprocessing to bring out the best of the noise

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 3

Some of my first photos from the M10.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/92832952@N00/albums/72157679935201665

Very little pp on these shots.

Thoughts so far:

• Love the slimmer form factor. Back to film Leica days!
  • I feel the colour rendition seems to have something of the M9 about it.
  • Enjoying playing with the remote connection options on the iPhone, but I suspect I won't be using them much once I've got over the novelty.
  • Feel like I really have to baby the battery in comparison with the M240, especially using Live View. 
  • Have hardly used the ISO knob yet, as I'm perfectly happy with the Auto ISO setting.
Edited by nodrog

I got my M10 last evening and used the excuse of a walk to the corner grocery to take a couple of pictures.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

- Vikas

• Like 16

I have had the Leica M10 for a couple of days now and I am still smiling. Images below are with the Voigtlander 21/4 and the last three with Voigtlander 35/1.7 LTM

Nico, those are incredible I particularly like Beams of Colour and Black & Brown. Looking forward to getting hold of my M10 now even more.

Someone posted some jpegs OOC and I would appreciate if someone would post some more color and bw jpegs OOC with no Profile or PP of any kind. Not DNG converted, just jpegs. There are times when I just use jpegs. I do not always feel like post processing dng files and just do a little touch to an ooc jpeg. Sometimes I shoot jpeg color and convert in Adobe Camera Raw. And other times I use the BW setting in camera. I use Photoshop CC, not lightroom. Any contribution would be appreciated.  My current camera is the 240. I had the m8, m8.2, m9 and m9p. I really love the 240.

Lovely photos Nico - you clearly had no problem with the 21/4's dreaded magenta edges unlike me on the M9P.  Does the M10 seem like an improvement in that regard - or did you get rid of them in post?  :)

Christopher

Hello Christopher

Using the 21/2.8 11134 profile does the trick - a lot better than the M240 and M9 - I noticed a very slight magenta edge in one image of a very blue sky that I could very easily rectify by pushing the magenta hue slider towards blue. Otherwise perfect in every other respect and edge resolution is fantastic

Nicholas

• Like 2

Thanks for the lovely comments 

A few additional images taken today with the Zeiss C Biogon 2.8/35 ZM

32648561571_5df3dddcb5_h.jpgBike by Nicholas T, on Flickr

32618710992_bce407001a_h.jpgComms Cabinet by Nicholas T, on Flickr

32730896176_91e207d29c_h.jpgGate by Nicholas T, on Flickr

32618511972_774f4b5dd3_h.jpgSilk Street by Nicholas T, on Flickr

• Like 13

Hello Christopher

Using the 21/2.8 11134 profile does the trick - a lot better than the M240 and M9 - I noticed a very slight magenta edge in one image of a very blue sky that I could very easily rectify by pushing the magenta hue slider towards blue. Otherwise perfect in every other respect and edge resolution is fantastic

Nicholas

Thanks Nicholas, that's very good to hear. I do use the 11134 profile, and itt means I now 'only' have to save up for an M10 and not an SEM 21 as well.  :)