M10 - the Image Thread

TheGodParticle/Hari

Advertisement (gone after registration)

A few new images from Greece taken with the Leica M10 and Zeiss ZM 35/1.4 - I just love how sharp this combination is and the non existence of colour aliasing artifacts with the new Leica sensor 

...Meteora - Greece by Nicholas T, on Flickr

...Meteora - Greece by Nicholas T, on Flickr

...Synagogue by Nicholas T, on Flickr

...No. 6 by Nicholas T, on Flickr

Amazing locations and beautiful pictures!

First one out of the camera today in Zurich Station

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Barcelona, Summilux 50

• Like 8

The wonderland, Hallstatt, with 28mm cron.

Edited by LotharZhou
  • Like 17

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Beautiful images Lothar

North Greece with the Leica M10 with Zeiss ZM25/2.8 and Zeiss ZM 35/1.4 lenses. 

33084445391_8c8cbfdb7a_h.jpgMelting by Nicholas T, on Flickr

32350265864_3ebfcf6edf_h.jpgSnow Stadium by Nicholas T, on Flickr

32350263654_cdccdb60d1_h.jpgMelting by Nicholas T, on Flickr

33195676805_bc293ff044_h.jpgChurch by Nicholas T, on Flickr

32368203574_fb2db9daca_h.jpgDerelict by Nicholas T, on Flickr

32398581673_b35a74dc79_h.jpgNorth Greece by Nicholas T, on Flickr

Edited by nico1974
  • Like 6

@ nico1971

I was wondering why the blue sky suffers a lot of banding at ISO 100. Is it something happend after post pocessing? Or is it because pull ISO has very shallow dolour depth?

Nice photos by the way!

I don't see any banding, which photo do you mean has banding?

• Like 1

I don't see any banding, which photo do you mean has banding?

All the photos with blue sky has some banding but the last one is severely affected.

I see some very mild artefacts in the last shot Nico posted, but I am 99% sure this is from the jpeg compression. It is a common problem for shots with that sort of sky.

What do you mean by "that sort of sky"? I shot blue sky all the time and I don't recall suffer that kind of "artefacts".

Edited by justj

All the photos with blue sky has some banding but the last one is severely affected.

What do you mean by "that sort of sky"? I shot blue sky all the time and I don't recall suffer that kind of "artefacts".

Hey guys - it is Flickr over compressing the images unfortunately - there is no banding when I look at the images on my 10bit display in Lightroom 

I am using Flickr as well, but I never see banding like that.

It all depends on what image you upload to Flickr and how much compression you do on your own and how much you let them do. If you have never had a problem great, but like Nico I have and it isn't there on the uncompressed file on my computer, but there when I post it. You can spend a lot of time trying how to optimize your output so this doesn't happen, but I usually don't care enough to do that. What I care about is the file on my computer and the one I print and much less the one I post on a forum, YMMV.

Thanks for the lovely comments about the images that I have posted so far. To close the "banding" issue once and for all here is the file exported as a TIFF file with the Adobe RGB colour space. https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B-0omMe5P91KZ1pfX1pRcDZnZlE&export=download

There is no banding whatsoever visible. If you can still see it in the TIFF file then make sure that you have a display capable of displaying the Adobe RGB colour space and that your monitor and graphics card does support 10bit colour

Thanks for the lovely comments about the images that I have posted so far. To close the "banding" issue once and for all here is the file exported as a TIFF file with the Adobe RGB colour space. https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B-0omMe5P91KZ1pfX1pRcDZnZlE&export=download

There is no banding whatsoever visible. If you can still see it in the TIFF file then make sure that you have a display capable of displaying the Adobe RGB colour space and that your monitor and graphics card does support 10bit colour

There will be very few users indeed who can properly view your images, let alone in an internet browser, when you use the Adobe RGB colour space. Try using sRGB.