M9 battery life

Stein K S

Well, spoke to Leica today.

The batteries were made for the Russian marked, but due to some export/import thing, they were returned to Leica and distributed to their other European sellers.

Seems they are legit..,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Sub'erman

I've been searching the net for a cover or pouch for my Leica batteries.

I cannot find anything.? How to you carry your extra batteries around?

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=859449&gclid=CNb91YuuktMCFQiSaQod6UMNjQ&is=REG&ap=y&m=Y&c3api=1876%2C%7Bcreative%7D%2C%7Bkeyword%7D&Q=&A=details

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

I think we can only trust the label at the back of the battery. I doubt there is any fake battery that dare to print thr Leica label as if a real Leica.

I would not trust the paper box. It indicates nothing. It is much easier to make a fake one and hard to trace the source.

I used to check by charging the newly bought battery to track the time it takes to reach certain status then check how it goescwhen used. Not very useful.

• 8 months later...

I have been using £20 clones for the past year. At first they read at 10% power but after a few shots and the camera shuts down I remove and re-insert the battery into the camera, switch it on, ignore the warning sign for low battery, press 'Set', and then press the shutter. The battery power indicator then reads 85 (ish) percent. They perform as well as my genuine Leica battery. Probably made in the same factory.

• Like 1