M9 battery life

Stein K S

Sorry, but I just got back to this thread.

I pulled my original Leica batteries.

Mine look just like yours.

On the other side, the CE (Conformité Européenne) marking should be correct, too.

fake-CE-marking.jpg

Edited by pico
  • Like 1

Guess they are wannabees, then...

They have the symbol to the right, and some text in Russian...

Interesting! For the benefit of the forum could you post the other side?

Aside: I found it distressing that Leica's batteries had 'Made in China' written in Russian cyrillic. How obscure and strange is that? Where was Leica's head? The word 'desperation' comes to mind.

Edited by pico

Yeah, it is Russian. Leica's agreement permitted the manufacturer to use its own national language which of course is Russian stating "Made in China". How strange.

The CE looks genuine.

So to conclude, you have a real Leica battery made in China through a contract between Russia and Leica, Germany.

Edited by pico

I have just had 5 original Leica batteries die all of a sudden. i.e. working fine and then drop off a cliff, now I get less than a hundred shots from each. Less if I shoot in quick succession. It made for a rather awkward shoot last week.

A quick search reveals original Leica batteries are £100. The knock offs are £19 has anyone had any success with the knock offs?

Edited by Paul J

I have just had 5 original Leica batteries die all of a sudden. i.e. working fine and then drop off a cliff, now I get less than a hundred shots from each. Less if I shoot in quick succession. It made for a rather awkward shoot last week.

A quick search reveals original Leica batteries are £100. The knock offs are £19 has anyone had any success with the knock offs?

This topic is covered.

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/191194-generic-batteries/page-3

Edited by JohnnySeven

I have three knock-offs and they have about 50% capacity. Total junk.

I have three knock-offs and they have about 50% capacity. Total junk.

Yeah that does sound junk. I have heard conflicting reports. Did you try more than one type?

One thing I can't deal with is bad batteries so I may just bite the bullet and buy some more originals. But the thought of spending another £500 on batteries is a bit rich.

Received the two new batteries from the Danish Leica Store today.

They have the exact same writing on them as the ones I posted pics of earlier.

Has anyone bought batteries from Leica with the Russian writing on the front side!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Sub'erman

Received the two new batteries from the Danish Leica Store today.

They have the exact same writing on them as the ones I posted pics of earlier.

Has anyone bought batteries from Leica with the Russian writing on the front side!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have two Original Leica batteries that have Russian writing on them.

I purchased my new M-E from authorized dealer store at Moscow. It was October 2016 and it was last new M-E in Moscow, if not all Russia. Battery was with Russian writings about battery to be made in China. It was the only discouraging part of the purchase.  Even my Canon consumer DSLR has batteries made in Japan.

In February 2017 I purchased used M8, previous owner is from USA and is typical young american, who forgot to put spare battery into the box and still can't ship what I paid for. New battery, which was in the M8 is also the same as one which came with new M-E. With Russian writings.