M10- FW Requests/Bug Reports

digitalfx

Advertisement (gone after registration)

1. When selecting "Hold" for image review, the M10 holds the image indefinitely and requires you to touch the shutter release a 2nd time before the image goes away. On the M240 the image only remained on the LCD or EVF as long as you held the shutter down. I much prefer holding the shutter button for review.

2. Electronic level, which is very helpful for wide und ultra wide angle lenses.

3. Black and white Jpegs should be able in yellow, orange, red, blue, green and IR filter mode such as in the M240,

4. ISO sensitivity number in the range finder,

5. White balancing with grey card simpler.

That's my thoughts after one day of ownership.

Re point 1, how is needing to hold a button down simpler? For me, hold means exactly that, the image is held indefinitely until the shutter button is half pressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re point 1, how is needing to hold a button down simpler? For me, hold means exactly that, the image is held indefinitely until the shutter button is half pressed.

Ive already explained this...if you have never used this function, I guess you will never understand why its superior.

FYI- All previous digital M's worked this way. The current implementation is new to the M10

While shooting, IMO there is no reason to have an image stay on screen "indefinitely" as you say. This option should be relegated to playback and not shooting. 

If you want the image to be displayed indefinitely, then simply hit the play button. Having this option while shooting just gets in the way.

Read my previous posts on my thoughts as to why the old way is far superior.

Ive already explained this...if you have never used this function, I guess you will never understand why its superior.

FYI- All previous digital M's worked this way. The current implementation is new to the M10

While shooting, IMO there is no reason to have an image stay on screen "indefinitely" as you say. This option should be relegated to playback and not shooting.

If you want the image to be displayed indefinitely, then simply hit the play button. Having this option while shooting just gets in the way.

Read my previous posts on my thoughts as to why the old way is far superior.

Set preview to off then?

Or set for the min time and then if it really bugs you press the shutter button to clear it.

Still don't see why the 'old' way is such a revelation

Set preview to off then?

Or set for the min time and then if it really bugs you press the shutter button to clear it.

Still don't see why the 'old' way is such a revelation

As I posted earlier, I've already turned review to "OFF" because I don't want to be forced to review every file.

THE ADVANTAGE WITH THE OLD WAY IS THAT YOU AREN'T FORCED TO REVIEW EVERY SINGLE FILE.

You only review the files you want for the exact length of time you want to review them...no more/no less. Its a brilliant feature.

I get that the M10 is a back to basics still camera, but I think long exposure is a core feature for stills photography.

For long exposures there are far more cost-effective cameras than Leica.

• 2 weeks later...

I have my M10 since February.

I really love it and use it every day !

I improve my photos day after day and happy with that.

One week ago, i had a problem. My M10 freeze just after taking a picture. Nothing to do. Red light on. Buttons didn't work. The only solution was to retrieve the battery.

Ok. But it came more and more. I understood that when i used the live viewing mode, it worked.

But now, for 3 days, even with me live viewing mode, my m10 freeze about one photo on two.

I just came to Leica now, and they send it in Germany.

Argh !! Hope you'll not have a similar problem.

• Like 2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I have my M10 since February.

I really love it and use it every day !

I improve my photos day after day and happy with that.

One week ago, i had a problem. My M10 freeze just after taking a picture. Nothing to do. Red light on. Buttons didn't work. The only solution was to retrieve the battery.

Ok. But it came more and more. I understood that when i used the live viewing mode, it worked.

But now, for 3 days, even with me live viewing mode, my m10 freeze about one photo on two.

I just came to Leica now, and they send it in Germany.

Argh !! Hope you'll not have a similar problem.

I think it is a problem with your sd card and the current firmware.

• Like 1

Hope this is only a sd card problem, but the strange thing is that i have this sd card since my bought. I didn't change it. In the doubt, i format it twice. And that doesn't change anything. I try with an other on i had in my leica Q. Same problem.

Almost certainly SD card compatibility.

What card were you using?

I had the same behavior with my 35 Summarit. And a similar issue with my version 4 35 Summicron. The Summicron was indicated as a 35 Summilux. I posted a couple times in the glitches and bugs thread. Seems very unlikely that it would be firmware to me. I was very lucky and was able to get the camera replaced. I did not want to wait for repair on such a new camera. Talk to your dealer about it. It seems as though new unit availability is getting much better.

I just noticed that my Elmar 24 3.8 is not recognized as an automatic code but as the last manual inserted. Purchased new with factory coding. In the list of lenses is not even named; could it be a firmware bug ?

Any lens introduced after 2006 (which includes the 24 f/3.8) will not be on the menu list - because there are no versions that need the list (they all have factory coding). So that alone isn't a bug.

The fact the camera is not recognizing your 24 IS a bug - unless you've got extraneous dirt either on the lens mount coding dots, or the camera's 6-bit sensor window.

A certain amount of blackish grime collects on either surface over time, due to wear and tear of changing lenses. Always worth checking that if there is a problem with reading 6-bit codes. The M10 seems to be especially "picky" and intolerant about needing everything to be clean, clear and "perfect" on the 6-bit interfaces.

Because the 28 Summaron f/5.6 is a re-introduction of a Leitz lens from the 1950s-60s. So there exist 28 Summarons that are not 6-bit coded, for which a menu entry is required.

https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/s640x640/sh0.08/e35/18443173_187106695023725_3335054088302755840_n.jpg

The 24 f/3.8 has never been made without factory 6-bit coding.

Leica M10 + SF58

Setup: SF 58 in TTL Mode, Camera A mode + Auto ISO 100-1600.

When camera wake up from sleep mode the first photo is dark because ISO is always 100 instead for example 500. Second photo has correct exposition with correct ISO.

Has anyone noticed such bug?

Another bug in TTL mode. 

Anyhow, I would set aperture in the lamp, the lamp switches to f / 4.0. I think the lack of information about aperture in camera cause automatically switching the lamp to f / 4.0.

In mode A it works fine.

Edited by olgierdc

A feature request;

when we use EVF and LV, EVF works obviously when we put our eye to the viewfinder as there are sensors. Otherwise the camera switches back to LV screen. I guess it would be nice if there is an option override that switch and leave LV screen completely off. So that way one can save battery and use EVF when only in need.

Cheers,

Fatih

• Like 1

Sure but then EVF stays on always even if you don't put your eye on it. It would be nice if it turns on/off automatically.

Ok, I see what you mean. Then this is indeed a feature request and to me a valid one where all the bit an pieces are already available except three lines of code.

Edited by Stef63
  • Like 2

• jaapv unpinned this topic