M10- FW Requests/Bug Reports

digitalfx

It’s not really a problem. It’s just a fact of how the camera works.

The camera can be used with the other metering modes but there is a lag as the shutter opens to meter and then closes again to take the shot. That’s not really live view mode ad the screen doesn’t come on.

1 hour ago, jdlaing said:

It’s not really a problem. It’s just a fact of how the camera works.

The camera can be used with the other metering modes but there is a lag as the shutter opens to meter and then closes again to take the shot. That’s not really live view mode ad the screen doesn’t come on.

I tried my M10 but didn’t note it open to meter and then close again to take shot. I tried all the metering modes to shoot a piece of black paper. All the three pictures exposed the same and it also showed centre weighted in review.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Infantasy said:

I tried my M10 but didn’t note it open to meter and then close again to take shot. I tried all the metering modes to shoot a piece of black paper. All the three pictures exposed the same and it also showed centre weighted in review.

Same here.  Firmware 2.6.5.0

Advertisement (gone after registration)

8 hours ago, Infantasy said:

You need to enable and use live view (or the accesory EVF), and then you can use the alternate metering modes.

But you - the user - have to switch to live-view to achieve that. Enable LV/EVF in the menu, press the LV button on the back, hear the shutter open, use the alternate metering, press shutter button to take picture.

In other words, setting spot or matrix metering does nothing - unless you turn on live view as well. (You can, if you wish, then use the optical RF/VF for viewing and focusing, ignoring the glowing LCD on the back).

1 hour ago, adan said:

You need to enable and use live view (or the accesory EVF), and then you can use the alternate metering modes.

We GET IT Andy. jdlaing does not get it. I suppose we could blame Leica for the behavior. The subject is way too mirror-less. I get tired just imagining the arguments. ef it.

Edited by pico

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/20/2017 at 9:44 PM, digitalfx said:

Post your FW Requests or report Bugs here. (I'll keep Post #1 updated with all the requests)

Current Version: 1.3.4.0

List updated: 2/22/17

[bUG FIXES]

-Auto review-hold issue

When "HOLD" is selected in Auto Review the image remains until you touch the shutter a second time. On the M240 and M9, this functioned correctly and the image remained only while "holding" the shutter release down. The implementation on the M requires a 2nd step. Is there a reason for this change? Is this a bug or by design?  Regardless it needs to be fixed.

-SDXC Card Compatibility  issue

Users are reporting several cards are not functioning (posts #44), 

Discussion:

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/268663-sd-card-compatibility-issue/?p=3196352

-Auto brightness issues

The auto brightness for the frame lines is erratic...jumping rapidly from bright to dim in mixed lighting. This also occurs occasionally with LCD brightness.

-Continuous mode + EVF

Fixed with firmware update v1.7.4.0

Discussion:

http://www.l-camera-...e/#entry3212371

-Date/time issue

Some users are reporting that date/time does not stick and images have the wrong data.

-Profiles and Leica R-M Adapter

When the Leica R-M adapter is installed, Profiles will no longer load.

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/269514-bug-with-r-lenses-cant-load-a-profile/

-Image Import- Image orientation errors

FW 1.3.4.0

Discussion: 

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/269582-incorrectly-rotated-m10-photos-following-lightroom-cc-import/

[FEATURE REQUESTS]

1. Bring back the Aperture info into EXIF
  2. Addition of a Electronic/Silent shutter
  3. Electronic level during live view. 
  4. Timer to trigger a bracketing sequence.
  5. Advanced exposure metering options in OVF mode 
  6. "Multiple Delete"- allow user to select multiple individual images to delete (post #43)
  7. Add Auto ISO value to OVF with half press of shutter. 
  8. When using the App via WiFi- Block the camera from going to sleep while browsing or transferring images.
  9. Add yellow, orange, red, blue, green and IR filters to B&W Mode
  10. Add wifi connection to a PC or Mac for wireless file transfer or Tethering
  11. [Sleep Mode] Add the option to wake the camera by depressing the Menu, Play or LV buttons.
  12. [Profiles] Add more than 4 Profiles
  13. [Profiles] Allow profile names to be greater than 5 characters.
  14. [Favorites] Ability to sort your Favorites list
  15. Bulb mode (longer than 2 min,)
  16. Ability to disable Long exposure noise reduction
  17. Add Video :)
  18. Advanced DNG specifications (see post #110)
  19. Advanced/hidden menu that unlocks nonstandard customizations (see post #112)
  20. Add RGB Histogram

To be able turn off screen in Live View to use multi field metering when in rangefinder mode to save battery life.

This is a request is for my M10-D primarily, but it obviously could apply to the M10 too and other Leica's that can now be accessed by Leica Fotos / WiFi.

I would very much appreciate it if the Leica Fotos access could be extended to laptops and even desktop WiFi enabled computers, that would be extremely useful....for me much more so than just with mobile 'phones and current iPads.

2 hours ago, petermullett said:

I would very much appreciate it if the Leica Fotos access could be extended to laptops and even desktop WiFi enabled computers, that would be extremely useful....for me much more so than just with mobile 'phones and current iPads.

It is possible that developers are waiting to see if Apple follows through with their idea of running some iOS apps on Mac OS through a new emulator.

17 minutes ago, pico said:

It is possible that developers are waiting to see if Apple follows through with their idea of running some iOS apps on Mac OS through a new emulator.

Thanks Pico, I know it's one of your areas of expertise, but in English, what does that mean?

25 minutes ago, petermullett said:

Thanks Pico, I know it's one of your areas of expertise, but in English, what does that mean?

Plainly, Apple wants to make it easier for iOS (iPhone,iPad...) developers to write apps that can run on a regular Mac OS. iOS and Mac OS are very different platforms and making it easier to develop for both is appealing. Apple has been working on the capability for over two years and it seems likely there will be some clear support from Apple sometime in 2019. Earlier I used the term 'emulator' which is incorrect in this case; 'frameworks' is more appropriate but not much clearer to the user.  Sorry I used the term.

One sticky point is how iOS uses screen input from our fingers. That seems unlikely to be brought to Mac OS.

A question to me is whether Android developers will hop on-board to an Apple developer's facility.

Apple brought News and Stocks to Mac OS. Try each to see the differences.

• 2 weeks later...

In addition to the other requests, I'd like:

1. Improved WLAN - I loved the possibility of joining existing WLANs and agree with other members that having to disconnect one’s current WLAN connection disadvantageous. And if we’re to be stuck with the ad hoc WLAN as in 2.6.5.0 then at least make it work properly: it should be possible to a) create the WLAN within 2 seconds (not 30 or 40) and b) to stop it immediately, not only once it’s up.

2. Programmable Fn button - eg. cycle through profiles in LV mode

3. Profiles - deletable profiles, longer names, increase to 8 possible profiles. Having exactly 4 user profiles with 5 letter naming limits seems like programming from the 70s to me. Honestly, why 4? Why only 5 letters? My old M9 did it better.

4. Enable downgrading/loading any version, not only upgrading. It's my choice and I'm fine with Leica not taking responsibility if I use older firmware.

David

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Peter Zapp said:

"Manual M" and "Manual R" list each have 30+ entries but I only own, carry and use three or so at a time. I suggest a list of favourite uncoded lenses for quicker selection on the run.

The SL can do that, but its menus are much deeper than an M's.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I would like the out of camera jpeg to look better. I liked them more in the M 240 than in the M10. The files were bigger there as well, not sure if that matters though.

Although I always use RAW+jpg it would be nice to have a good quality jpeg for quick checking and uploading to website and so on.