If not, what?

LocalHero1953

Advertisement (gone after registration)

So I've decided not to buy the M10. Allowing for a trade-in of my M240, it would have set me back £3000 in round figures. That's £3000 that I now have available to spend - what could I get instead?

A new bag would be nice for the M240 (or for the QL when it appears) - perhaps a Fogg B Laika - easily affordable.

Or perhaps one of the R macro lenses that I've been thinking about for the SL: the 60mm or 100mm - the former would be more versatile.

No Noctilux - I just wouldn't use it enough (and it costs more than the M10 anyway).

What will you buy as your M10 substitute?

Now, where's that £3000 I had a moment ago?

Edited by LocalHero1953

An SL 90/2 or 75/2 (whichever appears first). 

The appearance of the M10 has actually made me think about the M240 looking lonely and abandoned in the safe ..... I think it's time it was re-homed. It is a good workhorse but is a bit soulless - unlike the Monochrom which has definite character and is a long term keeper. 

I can't see the point in investing in an M10 ......  I suspect after some initial enthusiasm it would just take the M240's place locked away 'just in case'.

Unfortunately I am wedded to the Q and SL ....... which in many ways I have found more rewarding and less frustrating. I can use any lens I possess on the SL and be sure I will get great results....  and despite all the moans about size and weight I would rather carry about and SL + 24-90 that an MXX and a bag of lenses ..... 

• Like 2

Oh -I'm quite clear about that. Either Panasonic GX8 or GH5 with DG-Vario-Elmar 100-400  And 1000 Euro left :)

as a set-up for wildlife and similar I'm sure you are correct.

I've been mulling that one over as well. The GH5 with the DG 100-400 looks like a killer combo. 

trying to find a single system that will do absolutely everything perfectly is impossible ........ better to buy for specific needs ... and if that means 2 different cameras, then that's what it has to be ....

Mamiya 7, R6.2, M3, a bag to put them all in, tickets to the Opera and a case of Cantillion beer?

Id spend it on travel, if I had £3000, maybe a month in the desert, or finally see South Island.