M adapter for S lenses?

erlingmm

• 3 weeks later...
Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

No feasible, only interesting for more advanced cameras like the SL. 

Leica R lenses will become more interesting on the M now though, but again, never as nice as on the SL or R8/R9. 

The CS lenses would work though..................woodunt they

I would be interested even without aperture control. Has anyone tried to stack the S/SL adapter with the TL/M adapter?

Tested - but it doesn't work... Should be possible through a FW update, but this is possibly not at top of Leica's priorities.

Edited by helged

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I would be interested even without aperture control. Has anyone tried to stack the S/SL adapter with the TL/M adapter? Does it work, purely from an optical point of view, with open aperture?

I though have thought that the S lens SLR lens design will not yield the best image quality from the rangefinder lens design of the M? (microns angle etc) I am not sure, is it the other way around?

Correct me please.

I though have thought that the S lens SLR lens design will not yield the best image quality from the rangefinder lens design of the M? (microns angle etc) I am not sure, is it the other way around?

Correct me please.

The S lenses should work fine on an M body... you have a great/long distance from lens to sensor... so the light falls on the sensor nice and straight from the front. 

M lenses on third party cameras are trouble some because they are so close to the sensor and light falls on the sensors at an angle instead of straight from the front, this is what makes it troublesome. 

The S lenses should work fine on an M body... you have a great/long distance from lens to sensor... so the light falls on the sensor nice and straight from the front. 

M lenses on third party cameras are trouble some because they are so close to the sensor and light falls on the sensors at an angle instead of straight from the front, this is what makes it troublesome. 

Ahh, that's right. M lens on Sony E mount will have lower quality. That's the reason!