What bag for the M10?

jdlaing

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I vote for the good old DOMKE F-6 olive canvas or the DOMKE F-6B in black ballistic nylon.

and the new set of short inserts.

The partitions inside the new short inserts for the F6 are not fixed anymore. You can move them thanks to Velcro.

I plan on using my Billingham. Hadley Pro.

+1

I also have the smaller of the two current Billingham rucksacks plus a Croots cartridge bag that fits an SL and two M-lenses. The Croots therefore may fit the M and 3 lenses....... but certainly 2.

Ona and only Ona

Not according to several people reporting on this older thread, referencing issues with 3 different ONA models, as well as service response concerns.... 

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/227763-be-careful-trusting-the-strap-on-your-ona-berlin-bag/page-1

Don't know if circumstances have improved since then.  As I reported in the thread, I was impressed with the looks of the ONA bags, but not with the build quality compared to other expensive options from Billingham and Fogg.

My 20+ year old Fogg b-laika (it was a smaller bag produced back then.....now well worn in all black) is still robust after lots of travel and bad weather.  But it was half the price in those days.....don't think I'd spend $500+ now....there are many other lower cost options.

Jeff

Billingham bags are incredible value - they are extremely tough, just can't kill mine I used for a few years as a daily office bag loaded with Macbook Pro and camera gear and still works perfectly as a travel bag as carry on.

Make sure to get the Billingham shoulder pads (I use the wide one on all of my bags except Domkes (I like the wide rubberized Domke straps as they are).

As pure camera bags though I much prefer the old style canvas Domke bags - indestructible and perfectly accessible - fast and tough bags.

I recently got a F1-X in black canvas to tote SLR gear around but you know what - I am loving this one much more for rangefinder gear since I have it.

It easily carries two loaded and lensed rangefinder bodies, three or four extra lenses, consumables and I still have enough space to carry one medium format camera for when you want something more special than what 135 gives you.

For a one body only carrying style though it would be complete over kill. If you regularly shoot two bodies though and like to carry extra lenses and want extra space - it's perfect.

I do absolutely hate to have a too small messenger bag and have to fiddle to get cameras in and out.

I also like a lot to have enough space in a camera bag to have separate compartments to throw in lens caps and hoods for lenses I have in use without having to fiddle.

Domke F1-X it is for me.

I love the Billingham M bag. It holds everything you see in this photo. Water resistant, good padding, takes a beating, comfortable to carry, looks great.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by fotografr
  • Like 5

How do they sell bags without showing photos of the interior?

Only one of the versions of each bag has multiple photos ... usually the first in the queue but you do have to hunt a bit.

Bags are extremely well made but the insert ... being bulletproof takes up a lot of space ... so buy at least one size larger than

you think you need for your intended use if you get the insert.

Insert appears to be waterproof ... at least for a matter of time ... and very thick .... like 3 -4 times that of the Lowepro or ThinkTank 

insert pads.

Fast shipping excellent construction.

Bob

My wife has claimed my new FX5B so maybe this:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Billingham Hadley small. Not too big. Not too heavy. I have tried a few Ona bags and although they look nice, they are very stiff and too heavy. For leather, consider Wotancaft. Have a couple and they are nice. But I always return to my comfortable and usable Billingham bag. It's a no brainer.

• Like 6

Billingham Hadley small. Not too big. Not too heavy. I have tried a few Ona bags and although they look nice, they are very stiff and too heavy. For leather, consider Wotancaft. Have a couple and they are nice. But I always return to my comfortable and usable Billingham bag. It's a no brainer.

Good.

Otherwise you'd have to change your name and confuse us all!

• Like 4