What bag for the M10?

jdlaing

Advertisement (gone after registration)

For those who like to make their cameras 'stealth' by adding masking tape. I would suggest you need a stealth bag too. I would recommend carrying your M10 in a plastic shopping bag (5p from most large supermarkets in the UK). The previous paper bag suggestion is absurd as they are not weather sealed. 

• Like 7

Absolutely - what you need is the new Fogg 'The Last Waltz' bag

It will (at a pinch) hold 3 bodies with small lenses (think 50 'lux) with a couple of other lenses into the bargain - a bit bigger than the B-Laika and a bit slimmer than the B-Sharpattachicon.gif

That's a purse!

For those who like to make their cameras 'stealth' by adding masking tape. I would suggest you need a stealth bag too. I would recommend carrying your M10 in a plastic shopping bag (5p from most large supermarkets in the UK). The previous paper bag suggestion is absurd as they are not weather sealed. 

This isn't working any longer since the plastic bags are designed to dissolve in UV light.

I lost my last couple of cameras when they just fell through a hole in the Aldi bag I used to use.

The thing wasn't even half a year old and it looked so shabby I could leave it on the floor in the coffee shop and no thief would have stolen the 5c'Ron and 95'a'Rit I was left with after the cameras fallen through!

Too bad I lost my Wandler 28'Rux that I swear I used as a body cap 't was so good with the rendering and boa'kay and all.

The last bag I had barely held together by black gaffer tape (I taped the Aldi logo too - looked quite discreet that way).

• Like 1

I have a bunch of bags that have all fit Leica Ms (M4-2, M4-P, M6, M6TTL, M9, M-P240, and M-D262) very nicely, for various different size and intent kits. Most are now getting to be old and used looking (not worn!) such that what they might be is no longer much of an issue. A list for those who need recommendations:

Black Label Bag "Oskar's One Day Bag Mark II" :: larger

Black Label Bag "Evans Walker Bag Mark II" :: smaller

Artisan & Artist "ACAM 7100" :: larger 

Artisan & Artist "RRN-01C" :: smaller

Artisan & Artist "GCAM 1100" :: smaller

Domke "F5XB" :: smaller

Tenba "DNA 8" :: smaller : usually holds my M-D + 2 lenses + iPad Pro 9.7 for day to day use. 

Billingham "L2 Alice" :: middle : usually holds my SL with one or two lenses for day to day use. 

The bottom two get the most actual carry use these days because those are the two cameras I use most. 

Advertisement (gone after registration)

It will (at a pinch) hold 3 bodies with small lenses (think 50 'lux) with a couple of other lenses into the bargain - a bit bigger than the B-Laika and a bit slimmer than the B-Sharpattachicon.gifIMG_0296.JPG

I wonder if my old Leica MP ever ready case will fit?

Why try to dress like the rich when it's so much easier to dress like the super rich? :)

s-a

Now that is a camera bag. Whenever I see a photographer with a raggedy Domke bag I know they know what they're doing. My raggedy M8.2 has never been in a bag that I recall. I just use bags for storage.

You guys that like bags should check out this site!  http://www.thebagforum.com   :D  :D

:D

Rick

Don't knock it (though I personally prefer here). A little black beat-up Balenciaga bag (c.2005) saved my M8 or Epson from plenty of downpours in Paris.

I really loathe any of these camera bags except for travel. I prefer one camera, one lens, when I'm out shooting.

Edited by coup de foudre
  • Like 1

I use a cheap 7dayshop messenger bag. It's clearly either a copy of the National Geographic bag or made in the same place and rebranded. For £22 you can't complain!

https://www.7dayshop.com/products/7dayshop-canvas-photographers-messenger-shoulder-bag-removable-interior-and-rain-cover-included-ds-014

www.robertpoolephotography.com

It will (at a pinch) hold 3 bodies with small lenses (think 50 'lux) with a couple of other lenses into the bargain - a bit bigger than the B-Laika and a bit slimmer than the B-Sharpattachicon.gifIMG_0296.JPG

Hi Jon,

I can't find the Last Waltz bag on their web site, isn't it released yet?

Regards,

Arne

Jonathan, I don't like the sound of 'The Last Waltz'. Is this an omen about Nigel and Bea ending bag production? My fave is my FOGG Forte. I used to be a FOGG retailer in the US back in the 80's-90's and love their bags!

• 3 weeks later...

I managed to find a few limited edition Ona Bowery bags in camouflage in Australia - only 100 bags were made which sold out but the Australian distributor C.R. Kennedy has a few non-numbered bags left.

See message below and follow up with Alfred directly if anyone's interested. 

Good afternoon Hollis,

Thank you for your enquiry. Whilst the 100 units of the camo bowery was limited to the site only, we did receive a small allocation of non-serialised bags for sale.

I am happy to offer the price of 250 EX GST with free shipping on one, alternatively, I do have limited stock and a sample in the Mascot office if you would like to take a look at it (the nylon quality is fantastic)

If there is anything I can further assist with, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Alfred Tsang

atsang@crkenned.com.au

CvyF3K8WYAA3NWX.jpg

Edited by hollisd
  • Like 1