What bag for the M10?

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I doubt it, from what I've seen so far you'll need a bag 3.5 mm narrower but with an additional pocket for a spare battery.  Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!

Absurd suggestion.

Why try to dress like the rich when it's so much easier to dress like the super rich? Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!  s-a Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!

Posted Images

That looks really nice.

What half case and strap do you have? Is it from Luigi in Roma? 

No I just can make out that it must be some other product. But very nicely done.

It is the Arte di Mano half case and classic strap in Rally Volpe. They are very well made and fit like a glove.

That's a beautiful bag Bill, I use arte case too but with battery door option, it's definitely the best case to date.

Mine does not have the battery door option but I have never found it to be an issue. The battery has pretty good life so I am not changing it that often. The things we must suffer with.......

When you get an answer from ONA could you please post it here... I have often thought about asking the same question but not got round to it.

I would love two full height red dividers and a couple of small dividers so I could set up my ONA Prince Street the same way I set up my Billingham Hadley Small.

Both are excellent... the ONA just looks good and doesn't scream 'camera'... the Billingham Hadley Small just works as a camera bag and is remarkably efficient in terms of the use of space.

If enough people are interested, I could take a couple of pictures of both bags loaded... I carry an M240P, a 35FLE, a 50 Lux and a 90 Elmarit along with a number of accessories, iPad, wallet, phone etc in both... although I tend to leave the bag in the car or hotel room and just take a body and lens out with me.

Originally I thought I would use either bag as a carry everywhere camera bag, but in practice its not what I do... so now I'm thinking I should just get a larger bag, the Ona Brixton,  so I can then carry my MacBook Pro in it as well (and et rid of my work laptop bag) and accept that I will always leave it in the car or a hotel room anyway... and maybe I should buy a Bowery for the times a small bag is useful... and just load what I need from the main bag.

Anyway, if anyone would be interested in a direct comparison between a Prince Street and Hadley small, let me know... and Magic, please post a follow up... I'm interested.

Not sure if you guys have seen this but Ona have individual red dividers for sale on the website:

https://www.onabags.com/store/small-goods/ona-camera-bag-dividers-92.html?size=set-of-2-small-dividers-for-berlin-ii-and-bowery-for-leica

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Thank you Imak, but I saw the red dividers on the Ona website.

What I would dearly like would be some tall dividers... I could only find the same short dividers in red that you found. I would like some that were 'full height' so I could set my Ona bag up in a similar way to my Billingham and use the small dividers to separate the two 'lens pockets' formed so I could stack lenses yet still separate them (a poor description, but I know what I mean!).

I am back home now, so I will try to find time tomorrow to post pictures of the Billingham Hadley Small and the Ona Prince Street with the same camera/lenses/accessories.

I had a look at the Ona Brixton at Leica Mayfair. Given that I normally just carry my M-P and a 35FLE and leave everything else in the car/hotel, I'm pretty sure thats the way I want to go... it means I can carry my MacBook Pro plus odds and ends I need for work travel, all within the same case.

Had a look at the M10 while I was there, too... really wish I hadn't!

Despite all my comments regarding measurements between the 240 series and the M10, although the measured difference is nothing like many people claim, the camera looks significantly smaller in real life... even my wife commented on the fact... 

I'm still going to wait for the M10-P version, but there is no doubt now... Its the 'long term' M for me... 

Edited by Bill Livingston

Are you sure that you need those high dividers? I have 2 lenses in the Ona bag too. Those lenses i have in small and very light Leica bags/sacs so that the lenses do not directly tough each other other and won't scratch. I got those bages from the dealer. He claimed that I needed no additional dividers and to me he was right

Thank you Imak, but I saw the red dividers on the Ona website.

What I would dearly like would be some tall dividers... I could only find the same short dividers in red that you found. I would like some that were 'full height' so I could set my Ona bag up in a similar way to my Billingham and use the small dividers to separate the two 'lens pockets' formed so I could stack lenses yet still separate them (a poor description, but I know what I mean!).

I am back home now, so I will try to find time tomorrow to post pictures of the Billingham Hadley Small and the Ona Prince Street with the same camera/lenses/accessories.

I had a look at the Ona Brixton at Leica Mayfair. Given that I normally just carry my M-P and a 35FLE and leave everything else in the car/hotel, I'm pretty sure thats the way I want to go... it means I can carry my MacBook Pro plus odds and ends I need for work travel, all within the same case.

Had a look at the M10 while I was there, too... really wish I hadn't!

Despite all my comments regarding measurements between the 240 series and the M10, although the measured difference is nothing like many people claim, the camera looks significantly smaller in real life... even my wife commented on the fact... 

I'm still going to wait for the M10-P version, but there is no doubt now... Its the 'long term' M for me... 

Hi Bill,

please look at my posts 194 and 201...the set comes with 2 large dividers that match pretty much the exact inner height of the ONA Bowery.

Greetings,

Jurgen

• 3 weeks later...

I was actually trying to find the ONA Bowery Leica Collection in Smoke Canvas that was recently announced.

I inquired with many stores around the world but was finally able to find it in Leica Store San Francisco.

The design has the same approach as the leather Leica edition for the bowery, except it's Smoke canvas.

My photographic evidence as to why I find the Digital Hadley to offer the best compromise of size, carry capacity and speed to shot can be found over here.  If I could figure out a way to get two of these suckers sewn together for carrying both the M10 and M240 and a half dozen lenses, I'd be done thinking about bags forever.

If I could figure out a way to get two of these suckers sewn together for carrying both the M10 and M240 and a half dozen lenses, I'd be done thinking about bags forever.

I can show you how to do that without using needle and thread too.

By all means! But I suspect the strap would be a bit of a trick.

Nah.

Put the strap from one in the bag, up over the edges and under the lid.

Put the two bags back to back.

Use a couple of the smallest Avea bags to fasten the two together from leather strap to leather strap bag to bag instead of on one bag separated by the sewn on part of the shoulder strap.

In the absence of the avea pouches you can use a narrow leather strap or cord and tie the leather straps together.

Voila!

Nah.

Put the strap from one in the bag, up over the edges and under the lid.

Put the two bags back to back.

Use a couple of the smallest Avea bags to fasten the two together from leather strap to leather strap bag to bag instead of on one bag separated by the sewn on part of the shoulder strap.

In the absence of the avea pouches you can use a narrow leather strap or cord and tie the leather straps together.

Voila!

Interesting notion. If I'm understand the description correctly theres an inner and outer, so it will be short but very wide. But seem like you could get to one camera or the other rotating the bag to the opposite hip.  I've tried a 227, but as nice of a bag as it is, its doesnt work well for two bodies. So I've been contemplating buying a second DH any way.  Perhaps I'll give this try and see how it works out. 

• 2 weeks later...

Looks splendid! 

I was actually trying to find another color (Smoke Grey) from the Leica Collection (Bowery as well) but it seems no Leica stores are carrying other color besides the Leather one ... they seem to be out of stock as shown in Leica Store Miami.  Any chance you can point to your dealer?

Thanks!

i wish i can get it one! 

I come back from Wetzlar and there I saw this beautiful Bowery from ONA in dark leather. I think that it is new model. Stupid enough I did not buy it as i have difficulties to find it here. I should have tested how much it would carry. I would like to put into it: The M10 with mounted lens plus 2 separate lenses.

Does somebody know if that is not too much?

2017-05-04 um 14-51-15.jpg

This one also very nice. 

I purchased the SP15 shoulder strap for the Billingham Hadley Small. Definitely makes the bag more comfortable.

Nice.

Try the Domke shoulder pad which is also comfortable, but slanted in such a way that it makes it difficult for the bag to slide off your shoulder.

What is the strap?

Also, is that a cassette player on the right hand side?