What bag for the M10?

jdlaing

Did you get the Bowery, or one of the other Ona models, Eric?  I find myself picking up the leather Bowery every time I walk into the local Leica Store.  And, then, thinking about the weight, putting it back.

Will be interested in your thoughts after you've had a chance to use it a time or two.

I got the leather Bowery one with red inside. They only had cognac color, no dark truffle with red interior on their website currently. I like it. It is heavier than some bags but it's a "real" bag that you can tell is quality and actually much lighter than my Lowepro Back Pack I use to carry my Nikon Gear. Im happy with it. Inside is really soft. I can put one lens and an M with a lens attached inside. Everyone is different but I lift weights so I've never been bothered by heavier things as long as there not oddly shaped. I haven't taken it in the rain though which is maybe the one downside. But I have other bags I don't mind getting wet for that. This is definitely sharp enough to wear anywhere and will impress any clients you have if your a pro photographer.

• Like 1

Just bought this bag..it's smaller than Hadley Small with proper size pocket front and back. I gone through lots of bags like many of you, so far this one has fulfilled my expectation for small M bag.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

M10+28cron attached, 50apo and 21SEM each side.

Melok melok ae ;) I suggest AA ACAM 1100 with old price ;) (the lightest of them all at 600g). It has handle to carry by hand, outer back pocket for paper, boarding pass etc plus front zipper pocket fits wallet, cellular, memory cards, filters, etc.

Plus side for me it doesn't scream camera bag. attachicon.gifIMG_0417.JPG

+1

I have the exact bag, it is very light and I don't even feel it's weight at all.

The zipper cannot be penetrated with pencil/pen. As frequent traveller, I've found out that sometimes you need to compromise style for security.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

All,

How is ONA Prince street? I have M10 with 3 lenses, 35Cron, 50 Lix and 90 Cron. I might buy WATE in the future but not imminent. Do you guys think it is big enough to accommodate this kit?

Cheers,

Fatih

I have this bag and I can accomodate the camera with a lens (not longer than the Summilux 50 asph) and two other lenses and I have another small free space for hood or battery, or a small lens.

The only little problem for me is that the camera enters a bit tight in the bag (I hold it vertically with the lens facing the small side) and so when I have to extract it quickly the operation is not very comfortable. I would prefer a wider centimeter in depth but the Brixton is all too big for me.

Inspired by the photo above from "Arai", I tried out this configuration in my Ona Bowery:

M10 with Summilux 50 attached:

Ona3_zpsnnaijndd.jpg

..and here with the Summilux 28 on the side...plenty of space for the Summicron APO 90 that will come next week. I am trying to get a 2nd divider so that none of the items has contact to each other. Perhaps it will be also best, for balancing of the weight, to put the M10 in the middle and 1 lens on each side. The Visoflex still fits perfectly under the attached lens and in the outside pockets I have a small brush and a spare battery...

Ona4_zpsagq97xyd.jpg

• Like 1

Highly recommend the Fogg B Sharp.  It's smaller than the Hadley Pro (but a bit deeper),  and I can fit 4 lenses side by side, the M10 with lens (and a couple on top if I want to carry that many). The Hadley forces lenses to be stacked on top of each other.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

Melok melok ae ;) I suggest AA ACAM 1100 with old price ;) (the lightest of them all at 600g). It has handle to carry by hand, outer back pocket for paper, boarding pass etc plus front zipper pocket fits wallet, cellular, memory cards, filters, etc.

Plus side for me it doesn't scream camera bag. attachicon.gifIMG_0417.JPG

My ACAM 1100 is smaller.  I think that's the 3000 (still only 680g).

Inspired by the photo above from "Arai", I tried out this configuration in my Ona Bowery:

The things I don't like about Bowery is the inner fabric quality, it feels cheap but this newer red one looks better, still they should include 2 dividers instead one.

This looks nice, what is it?

Billingham Hadley small, what I didn't like is it doesn't have outer pockets for your boarding pass, passport, papers etc, also it doesn't have small handle like its sibling hadley pro otherwise the size is perfect for M.

The things I don't like about Bowery is the inner fabric quality, it feels cheap but this newer red one looks better, still they should include 2 dividers instead one.

I agree about the dividers. I took one out of an old Nikon bag to add to mine, it's the wrong colour but it works well enough.

Highly recommend the Fogg B Sharp. It's smaller than the Hadley Pro (but a bit deeper), and I can fit 4 lenses side by side, the M10 with lens (and a couple on top if I want to carry that many). The Hadley forces lenses to be stacked on top of each other.

Is the height too tall for Leica M lenses? I can't see clearly but judging from the photo, I'm afraid some of the lenses will fall out from its places in event the bag roll over upside down?

I hardly find a Foggs bags here but I like the style and functionality, it has top handle and outer pocket, I think this two very essential for travelers.

Edited by Arai

Billingham Hadley small, what I didn't like is it doesn't have outer pockets for your boarding pass, passport, papers etc, also it doesn't have small handle like its sibling hadley pro otherwise the size is perfect for M.

Thank You for the info.

Is the height too tall for Leica M lenses? I can't see clearly but judging from the photo, I'm afraid some of the lenses will fall out from its places in event the bag roll over upside down?

I hardly find a Foggs bags here but I like the style and functionality, it has top handle and outer pocket, I think this two very essential for travelers.

I've never had a problem. It's the same height as the Hadley pro, and I love the handle. 

I contacted ONA if they sell the red divider separately....meanwhile I found on Amazon red dividers that could match size wise...the color may not match exactly but that I'll find out once they have arrived. Maybe I'll take out the original one and put 2 of the ordered inside. I'll post a photo once I received the item.