What bag for the M10?

jdlaing

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I'm very satisfied with the Crumpler Proper Roady 4500.  Love that I can adjust the dividers anywhere within the bag.  Also love the design and look.  Plenty of space and not so bulky.  Got mine for 70 euros.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

Had the leather version of this bag. Liked the size and looks of it for carrying around the M casually, but decided the weight was too much so sold it. However, this new nylon version is tempting! Always looking for something that looks less like a camera bag, smallish, yet still functional.

this ona version is the best so far. i bought it and couldn't be happier. this bag fit perfectly. with little modification on the separator, it can fit 2 lens stack. copy the peak design awesome separator system and you will fit 4 small leica lenses. and body with 1 lens attach. thats should be enough. 

Crumpler is great. Other camera bag manufacturers have lifetime guarantees, but they're all pretty new (Peak Design, etc.), so Crumpler is definitely the way to go for a lifetime bag.

If you're looking for something that won't stand out at a business meeting, another down-under favorite is The Loyal Workshop: https://www.theloyalworkshop.com/product/goodstead-ethical-leather-satchel/

I use this one. Probably fifty years old.

• Like 2

https://www.rox.de/de/

I do not think they make camera bags anymore.

Do you let those two lenses rattle around against each other in there?

@nordvik,

It looks likes as if the lenses where on a diet. Mines have a more precise fit.

(Picture from internet)

Edited by Gobert

I suggest you check out Wotancraft. It is a high quality manufacturer in Taiwan. I have two of their bags, one for my Q and one for my M10. The Trooper is my favorite because it is spacious enough for both bodies and two additional M lenses. The bags are both elegant and very durable. The insides are plush on all sides and protect the gear very well. They are not ostentatious and don't attract any attention. The bags are priced reasonable and customer service is excellent. I visit Taipei on business regularly and will stop in to say hello to the team at Wotancraft. 

Has anyone ever compared the Hadley pro with the Last Waltz? I have the Hadley and have been looking at the Last Waltz. They look pretty similar though and am wondering if the are different enough to own both?

Edited by lpeeples

I struggle with the What Bag subject because there is a profound difference between my local American aesthetic and what I gather from our British and continental friends. Every photographer I know in the US (other than urban lifestyle wannabes) would avoid the truly finely crafted and beautiful camera bags promoted in Europe because here they attract the kind of attention a serious photographer wishes to avoid.

Just saying.

Edited by pico

I struggle with the What Bag subject because there is a profound difference between my local American aesthetic and what I gather from our British and continental friends. Every photographer I know in the US (other than urban lifestyle wannabes) would avoid the truly finely crafted and beautiful camera bags promoted in Europe because here they attract the kind of attention a serious photographer wishes to avoid.

Just saying.

I completely agree.  On some jobs I just have to use a LowePro backpack as it's the only sensible way to hump stuff around.  Otherwise what I always go for is something that's functional but doesn't look like a camera bag. Most cheap fabric shoulder bags do just fine so long as you put in some kind of liner / insert.  Anything posher feels like bragging  ^_^

Edited by chris_tribble

Has anyone ever compared the Hadley pro with the Last Waltz? I have the Hadley and have been looking at the Last Waltz. They look pretty similar though and am wondering if the are different enough to own both?

Lou, I have both of them. I would say that the Hadley is slightly larger than the Last Waltz. And of course the Lat Waltz cost twice as much. Both of them are very nice camera bags. Why did I buy the Last Waltz? I had just wanted a Fogg bag for a very long time. Did not need one but that is beside the point. 

• Like 2

I completely agree.  On some jobs I just have to use a LowePro backpack as it's the only sensible way to hump stuff around.  Otherwise what I always go for is something that's functional but doesn't look like a camera bag. Most cheap fabric shoulder bags do just fine so long as you put in some kind of liner / insert.  Anything posher feels like bragging  ^_^

As an American in Detroit, I have to disagree, at least for me.  I'm addicted to Billingham and Fogg bags.  Not because of the "name" or I want to brag,  but for me, they truly are functional for what I want in a bag, compared to anything else, plus they look nice and I don't want to give up what I like just to hide it.  We all carry $7000 leica's so for me, I don't care what others think about my bag. I have more people stare and comment... oh wow, you have Leica, NICE camera. No one has ever commented on my bags and use a Billigham & Fogg 90% of the time. There are a few other Leica users in D, and a few like to post photos of their M's on social media.... thats bragging.

• Like 1

Lou, I have both of them. I would say that the Hadley is slightly larger than the Last Waltz. And of course the Lat Waltz cost twice as much. Both of them are very nice camera bags. Why did I buy the Last Waltz? I had just wanted a Fogg bag for a very long time. Did not need one but that is beside the point. 

Thank you!!   Sometimes you have to just say WTF and go for it!!

Edited by lpeeples

• 9 months later...