Availability?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well I've got a story. I pre-ordered my M10 on Jan 27 from my hometown leica dealer. My father got me into photography and had done all of his purchases in the last 25 years through the same shop. Including his M6 and M7 and assorted Leica gear. He has been in the last stages of Alzheimer's and in recent days he's gone downhill fast. We visit daily, but we got the call this morning that today would likely be the day. I got up to visit him and brought his cameras and got to thinking too bad he wo

Leica does not maintain a centralized distribution network.  They don't know how many orders are out there, or how many names are on how many lists.  They for sure don't know that your name is on such-and-such dealer's list and my name is on that dealer's over there.   Leica ships product to their major market affiliates.  In the United States, for instance, that's New Jersey.  Leica continues to get marketing input from those affiliates, of course, but they are blind to any specifics.  They d

I'll never understand people who order an extremely popular niche product from a small manufacturer and then complain about wait times. As said above, it's pretty simple supply vs. demand. Demand is huge and Leica can only produce so many cameras a day for worldwide distribution. It's going to take awhile.   I ordered mine the first week of February and don't expect it for several more months. I expect it will take longer than that to get my M9 back from them for the sensor replacement. No co

Posted Images

Picked up a black chrome M10 body today at Leica Store in Washington, D.C. I was placed on waiting list January 31. Also was notified a few minutes later today by Ace Photo in Ashburn, Virginia, that they got a black M10 for my waiting list position. They were gracious as always when I called to decline the one at Ace Photo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Both these retailers are excellent and both have been especially helpful with accessories, lenses, batteries, advice, etc. I was not on B&H waiting list but they also notified me of accessories on hand the moment they were in stock — so they were helpful as always, too. Best of luck to others still waiting. Very exciting times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Leica Store Wetzlar has one black M10 tomorrow, Tuesday, for me but I just got mine from somewhere else a day before they informed me. I don't know if they have a wait list - worth a try to just call / email them: 

Leica Camera AG / Leica Store

Am Leitz Park 5 / 35578 Wetzlar

Tel.: +49 (0) 6441-2080-698

store.leitzpark@leica-camera.com

After a long drought of waiting since late January, the rain clouds broke - 3 blacks offered within a week! All the calls and emails to Europe in April and May have paid off.

My experience in dealing with European stores:

- not everyone ships worldwide

- most/not all websites are updated so if you see a M10 in stock and do not simply click "buy" - call first (happened at least 3 times)

- not all respond to emails, direct calling still the best way

- even if they put you on their wait list, check their website regularly and call if you see a change (that's how I got mine)

- not all European countries (EU or not) have the same VAT refund (for overseas buyers) - it can be a big range like 25% in Scandinavia to a miserly 17% in Luxembourg

- their shipping rates vary greatly, from 300Euros to 100Euros

- many do not require a deposit to be on wait list

Stores with shortest wait list and best response:

- Leica Store Wetzlar (less than 2 month wait time)

- Leica Galerie Salzbrug 

- Leica Store Nurnberg

Having said all this, I bought mine from a store in a small town not far from Paris.

Good luck!

Leica Store Wetzlar has one black M10 tomorrow, Tuesday, for me but I just got mine from somewhere else a day before they informed me. I don't know if they have a wait list - worth a try to just call / email them: 

Leica Camera AG / Leica Store

Am Leitz Park 5 / 35578 Wetzlar

Tel.: +49 (0) 6441-2080-698

store.leitzpark@leica-camera.com

I told Leica Store Wetzlar that I had to turn down my order and I told them I'd let my friends know about taking up the order.

Leica just contacted me to ask the details of my friend and when he/she can be there to pick it up. Anyone who wants specific details on this can PM me directly so I can assist with letting Leica know who will go pick it up (I assume they can ship as well). Just to be clear, I'm not trying to ask for anything from anyone - purely trying to help anyone who wants a black M10 and also to help the person who was so helpful at Leica to get their unit off their hands asap.

I told Leica Store Wetzlar that I had to turn down my order and I told them I'd let my friends know about taking up the order.

Leica just contacted me to ask the details of my friend and when he/she can be there to pick it up. Anyone who wants specific details on this can PM me directly so I can assist with letting Leica know who will go pick it up (I assume they can ship as well). Just to be clear, I'm not trying to ask for anything from anyone - purely trying to help anyone who wants a black M10 and also to help the person who was so helpful at Leica to get their unit off their hands asap.

Please PM me. They are non existant in Canada.

Had placed an order with CameralandNY on May 9 and my camera was due to ship this week. However, this past Saturday I spotted 2 M10s just sitting there on Amazon Prime and now I have one in my hands.

I'm still looking. Let me know if you're open to rerouting your cameraland unit my way, you can PM me.

Cheers

Ordered in April and Picked up camera (Black) Saturday. Leica Store Boston MA. Total about a 8 week wait

And just to underline that, I put my name in with Leica Boston last month and although they quoted 2-3 months, it came in today.  Pick it up in tomorrow.  Perhaps supply is loosening up a little. 

I picked up my M10 from Vistek in Toronto yesterday which I ordered on January 23rd.  This is a few weeks earlier than the date I was provided in mid May but about 6 weeks later than the estimate I was given in February.  Price remained as quoted in January although the price on Vistek’s website is now C$480 higher. We actually had no discussion around any change of price for the camera or extra battery.

Picked up my silver M10 from Chicago's awesome Tamarkin Camera store.  I was #40 on their list from Feb.  So far love the shutter (coming from a MM) and trying it with the holster.  Camera feels a bit slippery though... might have to get a wrist strap or go back to a shoulder strap.  Very excited.