Availability?

dennersten

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Things are moving in the UK. I was #9 at Red Dot on launch day. Now #4. So cameras are shipping - hurray!

Of course it could be that 5 people ahead of me didn't pay their deposit and were removed from the list...

Edited by Tobers

Don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but I have an updated estimate on my preorder (placed January 26th) from B&H.

Below is what a customer service representative sent me when I asked specifically if my preorder could be fulfilled in the shipment that I had previously been told would arrive on 2/2/17:  

Please be advised that your backorder is estimated to arrive at our warehouse by 02-06-17. As soon as we receive it in stock we will ship your order to you, and e-mail you with the tracking information. 

This was a different representative than the first one that had responded to me with the 2/2/17 estimate, so either my preorder will be arriving in a second, later shipment, or their first shipment of M10's is slightly delayed.  

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Things are moving in the UK. I was #9 at Red Dot on launch day. Now #4. So cameras are shipping - hurray!

Of course it could be that 5 people ahead of me didn't pay their deposit and were removed from the list...

Or they found their camera in one of the other queues they were standing in.  At my queue I was number 23, then the first shipment arrived.  The silver one was declined by those at the head of the line, went to #12.  I'm now up to #16, and hope to get the next silver M10.

scott

Don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but I have an updated estimate on my preorder (placed January 26th) from B&H.

Below is what a customer service representative sent me when I asked specifically if my preorder could be fulfilled in the shipment that I had previously been told would arrive on 2/2/17:  

This was a different representative than the first one that had responded to me with the 2/2/17 estimate, so either my preorder will be arriving in a second, later shipment, or their first shipment of M10's is slightly delayed.  

I placed my order for M10 at B&H within a few hours after announcement on Feb 19. All my inquiries on the phone/website or live persons at the store resulted in: "We have no dates for expected delivery to fulfill your order. We cannot tell you your number on the order waiting list. It is proprietary information".

A friend of mine placed an order at Leica Store SoHo NYC. Same thing. "We have no cameras now. We do not know when they come in. We will keep you informed. Your number in line? No, we would not tell you that, sorry!"

May be NYC is special indeed…?

I ordered from B&H on the 18th- payed with Paypal, meaning they've already received payment vs. charging a credit card upon shipping.  Followed up with them this morning- said inventory expected between Feb 2 and Feb 6. Silver expected before black. Since I'm in a hurry, they offered to cut the overnight shipping cost to $20

• Like 1

I ordered last Friday from Leica store Boston and received a call Saturday that it was in (Silver).  They said Black had outpaced silver 5 to 1.  The day (Friday) I spoke with Leicashop.com (Austria) -- They said they had over 100 on backorder and that they were split 50/50 (black/silver) within 1 unit.  Go figure. 

Leica Tokyo called me today and said I could pick up my M10 on Sunday. Very happy if so, as I will be going to London and Italy (Venice & Verona) for 5 weeks from next week, and hope to take both the 240 and the M10 with me. 

Edited by nodrog

Well.. I usually get mine from leica stores not dealers. I put my name down at Mayfair and also I called the City store. They were asking for a £2000 deposit which I happily paid. I see some stores are asking for 10%. 

I don't know why one store is taking a deposit and the other isn't.. but if it helps keep away people from adding their name to 10 lists that's a good thing. I can't see the Leica stores taking longer than third party shops to get the units.

I also heard that Leica are asking the retailers to supply them with a list of name on waiting lists so they know the sort of quantities etc. 

As usual though, we sit and we wait...

I was 17th on the list on launch day at Red Dot Camera in London, now I'm 4th!

It seems Leica deliberately postponed the announcement of the M10 to this year instead of announcing it at the Photokina last year to ensure that they have enough inventory to meet most of the initial demand. I wouldn't be surprised if you get yours soon. Makes for a lot more happy buyers. Edited by Chaemono