Availability?

dennersten

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I placed an order for a black one back in early February and the camera just got to my dealer yesterday. They honored the old price before Leica did the price increase so at least there is that. I have a job this week that will be perfect to take the 10 for a spin on.

A few questions about the M10 since I have not even thought about it for months:

1. I ordered only one spare battery for it for now since even when I am shooting heavy with my M240 on jobs I rarely need the second battery on a day's shoot, often are using other cameras to do the work along with the M. I don't review images much and rarely use live view for that matter so what is the overall perception of shots per battery with the M10 vs the 240?

2. With the on/off switch now devoid of things like self timer and single shot vs continuous, I assume these are now menu items in terms of access. Is it easy to assign this to a button / dial combo like on my D750, D850 etc or is it strictly menu centric?

3. On the 240, the maximum bulb time of 30 seconds was progressively reduced as one increased the ISO, is this the case on the M10 as well and if so, what are those max bulb times for say ISO 800, 1600, 3200 and 6400?

Many thanks in advance!

On Sept. 25, I put my name on the waiting list for a Black M10 at the Leica Store in Washington, D.C.  On Sept. 26, they called me to say that one just came in, so I should have it tomorrow (Sept. 27).  Looks like supply may be starting to catch up with the demand.

I placed an order for a black one back in early February and the camera just got to my dealer yesterday. They honored the old price before Leica did the price increase so at least there is that. I have a job this week that will be perfect to take the 10 for a spin on.

A few questions about the M10 since I have not even thought about it for months:

1. I ordered only one spare battery for it for now since even when I am shooting heavy with my M240 on jobs I rarely need the second battery on a day's shoot, often are using other cameras to do the work along with the M. I don't review images much and rarely use live view for that matter so what is the overall perception of shots per battery with the M10 vs the 240?

2. With the on/off switch now devoid of things like self timer and single shot vs continuous, I assume these are now menu items in terms of access. Is it easy to assign this to a button / dial combo like on my D750, D850 etc or is it strictly menu centric?

3. On the 240, the maximum bulb time of 30 seconds was progressively reduced as one increased the ISO, is this the case on the M10 as well and if so, what are those max bulb times for say ISO 800, 1600, 3200 and 6400?

Many thanks in advance!

2:.This is the most disapointing aspect of the M10.You have to enter the meny to get self timer. After you switch off the camera, it goes back to single shot.

3:ISO 100, 200 and 400: 125s. ISO 800: 60s. ISO 1600: 32s. ISO 3200: 16s. ISO 6400: 8s.

2:.This is the most disapointing aspect of the M10.You have to enter the meny to get self timer. After you switch off the camera, it goes back to single shot.

3:ISO 100, 200 and 400: 125s. ISO 800: 60s. ISO 1600: 32s. ISO 3200: 16s. ISO 6400: 8s.

Interesting on the bulb times, no real improvement on the high ISO end. On the other one, yeah, that certainly annoying, I assume it is the same for continuous vs single frame?

Was in Wetzlar around the 20th of September and still had a two month wait list. They did say if I was going to be around for a few days they may be able to find an M10. I went their to see the headquarters, museum and if they happened to have a M10 I may have picked one up. Getting one shipped to Ecuador is a little risky at best. I'll wait till next year when in NYC or visiting Europe to pick up a M10. My M240 MP's are working just fine for now. Beside the assembly was not too active when I was there. The history line was a very interesting read and seeing every body made was very cool! Besides after doing some math it may be cheaper to buy one in the states from the right dealer even getting back the VAT tax when exiting the country. Go figure.

Edited by ru2far2c

My black M10 arrived yesterday. Six months and six days after placing the order. B&H shipped it overnight with no shipping charge. They also honored the price at time of my order which was before the Leica price increase. I'm very happy with B&H, not so much with Leica. 

Kind of weird, I got the monthly email from B&H telling me it was backordered the day before it was to ship. After all those months, I had to ask them to hold it for a couple more days until I got back to town. 

Now in hand and charging batteries for first use. 

My black M10 arrived yesterday. Six months and six days after placing the order. B&H shipped it overnight with no shipping charge. They also honored the price at time of my order which was before the Leica price increase. I'm very happy with B&H, not so much with Leica. 

Kind of weird, I got the monthly email from B&H telling me it was backordered the day before it was to ship. After all those months, I had to ask them to hold it for a couple more days until I got back to town. 

Now in hand and charging batteries for first use. 

Haven't you heard? The M11's are now shipping and most of us here have already received theirs!

• Like 3

Hey everyone!

I'm new to this forum becuase i never owned a Leica. I just four days ago places an order for the Leica m10 on B&h. It seems like they are more or less I. The hands of many people who have waited this year at this point, and it seems that most Leica stores have some in stock, or have no wait list. Anyone have any insight on B&h? Am I stun waiting for months?

Thanks!

OK - for the UK people watching this thread: I have been on Harrisons list since the beginning of February for a Black M10. I had reached position 7. I also joined Leica Mayfair's queue in May (4 months later) on a whim - and.... camera arrived and delivered last week by Leica Mayfair.

Anybody on Harrison's list below No.7 have now all moved up one place...;-)

I feel it is very important to let UK forum members know that Harrisons have been professional, courteous and friendly on every occasion I have emailed them, roughly every two weeks since February. I really think Leica should pay more attention to the non-branded stores who represent them in a very professional manner. Harrisons have had all of my other business (including new Summilux 35, Summicron 75) and I cannot praise them highly enough.

• Like 1

Hey everyone!

I'm new to this forum becuase i never owned a Leica. I just four days ago places an order for the Leica m10 on B&h. It seems like they are more or less I. The hands of many people who have waited this year at this point, and it seems that most Leica stores have some in stock, or have no wait list. Anyone have any insight on B&h? Am I stun waiting for months?

Thanks!

Cancel and go elsewhere.

Just read through the last 20 pages of this thread and you’ll find many dealer/addresses where you get the M10 much faster....actually IMHO everyone who wanted one, should have got by now...so I assume, they are piling up in the stores (except of B&H) :-)

Leica Mayfair quoted up to 6 months for a black M10 when I popped in the store 15th September. Less than a month for silver....