Availability?

dennersten

I am no longer able to edit the M10 Availability Tracker. Currently my entry is Row 51 (that seems to change though). Could someone edit my Date Received field? Replace contents with: On July 20th, Leica Store Miami informed me that they will have a black M10 on July 24, 2017 to ship to me.

Thanks, MarkD

Congratulations!

I updated the spreadsheet.

• Like 1

Bill - Give them a call anyway.  You may be able to convince them to give you the camera and a different lens - at a different price, of course.  Never hurts to ask!

I decided to just wait. I have feelers out to two sources and one will bear fruit.

I don't understand how a major distributor of Leica like B&H are not getting their orders filled.

You'd think Leica would want to "take care" of those heavy hitters first.

Has ANYBODY received an order from B&H recently?

I keep getting the "Unfortunately.............." canned reply from the Live Chat sessions.

This does strike me as odd, too; one would think they'd have some leverage. Telephone calls resulted in no better information -- email or voice, I got the same boilerplate response, no matter how much I emphasized that I understood the problem was a question of supply, and that I did not hold B+H at all responsible for that. Anyway, that wait list is about to get one person shorter, as I'm going to cancel my order as soon as I get my hands on the black M10 that is -- in the beautifully poetic words of UPS tracking -- "on vehicle for delivery."

The unfortunate guy at OC Camera who sold me -- the first caller! -- the M10 accidentally charged me the original price, then sent me an email with barely concealed panic in it. So I sent him another $300. Possibly I would have been within my rights to insist on the price he'd quoted and which I'd paid, but that seemed unkind to someone who was, in fact, making my day!

• Like 3

"So I sent him another $300".

Well done, so would I, as in my heart I would know I had been undercharged. Interesting to know who is bearing the "loss" of the pre-update price where this is applied,Leica or the Dealer, as it seems very generous.

Hope it arrives soon and enjoy!!

• Like 2

I have this afternoon received my M10 -- and, simultaneously, my first M. It'll be a learning curve (for my paid work I use a Canon 1Dx) but I'm eager for it. (Used) Summicron 28 currently mounted, but it also looks cool with my (used) Summicron 50 (I'd wondered about the silver/black combo, but I think it works). What a solid piece of kit! The weekend beckons. Our new black greyhound has been an early experimental subject. I want to post a photograph of the thing, but I can't figure out how...

Anyway -- I'd like to thank this forum for keeping my hopes alive; I went through a lot of angst during the long wait, wondering if I was mad to want such a thing (it's been an ambition for as long as I've had a camera, which as of yesterday amounts to 53 years...), and whether I'd be able to manage the rangefinder, and so on. My doubts are now quelled.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Post scriptum: Evidence of disquiet and hurry in Wetzlar? In the beautiful box behind the magnet flap in the beautiful drawer dedicated to documentation I found a benutzerhandbuch for...a TL2. Hmmm. Fortunately, I long ago downloaded the M10 manual and committed most of it to memory, so this is just an amusing moment. I'll contact Leica to see if they want it back and are willing to trade for the echt thing. First I suppose I should write to OCCamera to see if, by chance, they shuffled it accidentally, though that seems unlikely.

Post scriptum: Evidence of disquiet and hurry in Wetzlar? In the beautiful box behind the magnet flap in the beautiful drawer dedicated to documentation I found a benutzerhandbuch for...a TL2. Hmmm. Fortunately, I long ago downloaded the M10 manual and committed most of it to memory, so this is just an amusing moment. I'll contact Leica to see if they want it back and are willing to trade for the echt thing. First I suppose I should write to OCCamera to see if, by chance, they shuffled it accidentally, though that seems unlikely.

This could be a precursor sign to the Apocalypse.

I have this afternoon received my M10 -- and, simultaneously, my first M. It'll be a learning curve (for my paid work I use a Canon 1Dx) but I'm eager for it. (Used) Summicron 28 currently mounted, but it also looks cool with my (used) Summicron 50 (I'd wondered about the silver/black combo, but I think it works). What a solid piece of kit! The weekend beckons. Our new black greyhound has been an early experimental subject. I want to post a photograph of the thing, but I can't figure out how...

Anyway -- I'd like to thank this forum for keeping my hopes alive; I went through a lot of angst during the long wait, wondering if I was mad to want such a thing (it's been an ambition for as long as I've had a camera, which as of yesterday amounts to 53 years...), and whether I'd be able to manage the rangefinder, and so on. My doubts are now quelled.

Happy belated birthday, congratulations and enjoy your M10

• Like 1

I have this afternoon received my M10 -- and, simultaneously, my first M. It'll be a learning curve (for my paid work I use a Canon 1Dx) but I'm eager for it. (Used) Summicron 28 currently mounted, but it also looks cool with my (used) Summicron 50 (I'd wondered about the silver/black combo, but I think it works).

Think of it this way: A silver M10 is actually only about 30% silver. The rest of it is black. So you already have a silver/black camera body. Putting either a black or silver lens on it works perfectly.

• Like 1

Just want to update for those who are still keeping track.  I received my black M10 from my order with Cameraland NY.  It was shipped within 4-6 weeks as promised. I ordered around the 2nd week of June.   The manufacturer card was signed July 10th. 

• Like 3

Just want to update for those who are still keeping track.  I received my black M10 from my order with Cameraland NY.  It was shipped within 4-6 weeks as promised. I ordered around the 2nd week of June.   The manufacturer card was signed July 10th. 

Thanks for this. I ordered mine June 20 or so and anxiously awaiting - did you get any shipping notice or did it just show up on your doorstep? 

Edited by pgh
  • Like 1

Thanks for this. I ordered mine June 20 or so and anxiously awaiting - did you get any shipping notice or did it just show up on your doorstep?

I received a notification from Joel whom I ordered from. I emailed him a few times asking for updates and he had been very quick and helpful to give me he info he may have.

• Like 1

My black m10 ordered from b&h on 1/18 (release day) is on it's way to me. Shipped on 7/24.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It sounds like what you are saying is that B&H has just now received their first batch from Leica since you ordered yours on the release date.

That's not good at all.

Edited by S.Rolf

My black m10 ordered from b&h on 1/18 (release day) is on it's way to me. Shipped on 7/24.

It sounds like what you are saying is that B&H has just now received their first batch from Leica since you ordered yours on the release date.

That's not good at all.

Agreed, that sounds pretty brutal.

Sounds like what you are saying is the has just now received their first batch from Leica since you ordered yours on the release date.

That's not good at all.

Not really ideal but I was ok with it. They didn't have any clear answers over the phone for me. I do not blame B&H. I think people were ahead of me given B&H's size. I decided to be patient, as I'm not a professional and already have more cameras than any reasonable person should have.

That said, I'm very excited to start shooting with my M10!

• Like 1