Availability?

dennersten

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Is BH doing the "pay in advance" to be listed above those waiting on the normal online backorder queue?

This is what I have been trying to find out since I pre-paid 100% via PayPal.

Other posts have indicated this matters with some of the other Leica Stores but have not mentioned B&H.

Edited by S.Rolf

This is what I have been trying to find out since I pre-paid 100% via PayPal.

Other posts have indicated this matters with some of the other Leica Stores but have not mentioned B&H.

I placed my Chrome order from B&H on Jan 25th and no one asked me to Pre-pay or offered the option to do so to gain any time advantage, as far as i can tell from the Forum list updates, B&H are respecting the orders on the "First come first served" basis, at least as far as the Forum Users list is concerned, there is no way to know what any retailer might do otherwise, but they seem to honor it.

I am not unhappy with my M10 order or experience, my order just shipped 2 days ago and is on it's way, i also got the Pre Leica price increase and a few free accessories too as i am a regular customer there, plus i was Not in any hurry.

Leica is obviously getting the camera's out the door, i presume serving the entire globe is no easy feat, seems to me they are doing quite well actually.

Edited by roverover
  • Like 3

I placed my Chrome order from B&H on Jan 25th and no one asked me to Pre-pay or offered the option to do so to gain any time advantage, as far as i can tell from the Forum list updates, B&H are respecting the orders on the "First come first served" basis, at least as far as the Forum Users list is concerned, there is no way to know what any retailer might do otherwise, but they seem to honor it.

I am not unhappy with my M10 order or experience, my order just shipped 2 days ago and is on it's way, i also got the Pre Leica price increase and a few free accessories too as i am a regular customer there, plus i was Not in any hurry.

Leica is obviously getting the camera's out the door, i presume serving the entire globe is no easy feat, seems to me they are doing quite well actually.

When I placed my order with B&H I just did it via my account there and paid as I normally do when I place an order.

I didn't even know you could order without paying in full.  

That would be a nice little bonus but at the same time I think it only fair to fill the on the FCFS basis.

I too am not in any real hurry as I have more than enough hobbies to keep me occupied while I wait.

Edited by S.Rolf
  • Like 3

When I placed my order with B&H I just did it via my account there and paid as I normally do when I place an order.

I didn't even know you could order without paying in full.  

That would be a nice little bonus but at the same time I think it only fair to fill the on the FCFS basis.

I too am not in any real hurry as I have more than enough hobbies to keep me occupied while I wait.

I called my order in on that occasion and they did take my CC info but my card was NOT run or charged until the day they had a camera in hand for me and were ready to ship, so i don't consider myself as having Pre-paid, they didn't charge my card until the day my order shipped 2 days ago.

• Like 1

I called my order in on that occasion and they did take my CC info but my card was NOT run or charged until the day they had a camera in hand for me and were ready to ship, so i don't consider myself as having Pre-paid, they didn't charge my card until the day my order shipped 2 days ago.

You must be stoked about it.  Congratulations.

Please let us know your first impressions when you unbox it and actually hold it in your hands.

, Leica is just incapable of fulfilling orders in a timely fashion.

The reasonable person accepts Leica has a production capacity that is limited. Reasonable people also recognised this capacity using skilled technicians can't be increased at short notice to deal with periodic spikes in demand. We also see it is unreasonable to expect Leica to produce a large batch of cameras pre - launch without knowing if the camera will fly or bomb. How would you run the company? 

Edited by pedaes
  • Like 1

The reasonable person accepts Leica has a production capacity that is limited. Reasonable people also recognised this capacity using skilled technicians can't be increased at short notice to deal with periodic spikes in demand. We also see it is unreasonable to expect Leica to produce a large batch of cameras pre - launch without knowing if the camera will fly or bomb. How would you run the company?

its pretty obvious from reading about past m releases that every new Leica M sells well. Many people buy one no matter what, so of course I would have an arsenal ready for launch time. I would also run All sales through Leica website shipped from Germany to Consumer, no middle man. Plus an ala carte option for every model. Its 2017, not 1881, I am not anti-Leica, I just think they could be much more modern than they are.

... I would have an arsenal ready for launch time. 

So you'd wait six months to build inventory, while your cashflow - already diminished because your "current" M is so late in its product cycle - totally flatlines because rumors are rampant about the new model.  Brilliant strategy.

Getting an M10 on February 1st would have been challenging.  Getting one in short order today, is not.  Unless, of course, one insists on remaining wedded to a worldview that affords no input from those who have trod this path before.

So you'd wait six months to build inventory, while your cashflow - already diminished because your "current" M is so late in its product cycle - totally flatlines because rumors are rampant about the new model.  Brilliant strategy.

Getting an M10 on February 1st would have been challenging.  Getting one in short order today, is not.  Unless, of course, one insists on remaining wedded to a worldview that affords no input from those who have trod this path before.

No i never said I would wait 6 months to build inventory. Those are your words. Thankfully i live in a democracy that cherishes different opinions and critical thinking. Not sure where you got your education, but may want to ask for your money back.

The resourceful person would simply pick up the phone and hunt down an available camera.... not complain endlessly online.

Jeff

If a person really wants one that's what they do. They do not incessantly moan about it on a forum.

For the record here... I ordered an M10 on January 18, 2017 from the Miami Leica Store (a.k.a. Dale Photo) and received it today, May 30, 2017.  Four months is a -very- long wait, the longest I recall for an M.  But the Miami store was diligent about maintaining their list and contact.  And the M10 seems to be well worth the wait.

- Ken Tanaka -

Numeriphot in Toulouse just told me they have a chrome in stock right now. Email/call them directly. I'm still holding my breath for a black. I have reached #2 on a black wait list - so maybe in 2 months? 

Quick Update:

I ordered a black m10 on 1/23 at Leica Soho in NYC and received a call on 5/31 that it was available. Due to arrive tomorrow.

I was told that they are still only receiving a couple at a time and demand has "ballooned" in recent weeks.

Price increase did the trick, eh?