Availability?

dennersten

Leica Meister in Hamburg, Germany, told me the first delivery was sold today, but they expect a next one soon. They have a list...

I got mine from Meister yesterday. I ordered shortly after opening time and was on waiting list position 11. Some hours later I got mine :)

• Like 2

I received mine yesterday in DC. I was told it was the only one delivered for sale, though I believe they also received one for display. But, if one arrived for sale there and at other Leica dealers in the US, that means many are in transition to stores around the world.

The M8 was about six weeks from Announcement to US delivery. The M9 was two weeks (announced 9/9/09, delivered to me on the 26th of September.) The M-240 was just over five months. This was one day. Bravo, Leica.

My silver chrome body arrived at Red Dot (London / UK) today. Hooray!  I was out until this afternoon so too late for payment to get to them in time for today's courier, but it's being sent up to Kendal on Monday.  The diopter thread adapter + spare battery have been ordered and are expected at the beginning of next week, so they may all come up together.  REALLY pleased that Leica have thought some of the issues through and have pre-produced stock so that immediate demand can be met.

Thanks to Ivor and Elaine! :)

Edited by chris_tribble

I ordered mine through Adorama. It is back-ordered. I could not reach their customer support. So i called up BHPhoto to see their wait times and they mentioned it would be available by next Friday.

BH Photo works a lot harder for you, and they tend not to take preorders very far in advance.  If you check their site a few times a day you could snag one quickly and cancel the Adorama order.

scott

• Like 1

In recognition of the essentials done well, and in a nod to their long heritage, they are probably making their way to NZ under sail with the trade winds.

Could be! ;)  Yes, we are a tiny market, but ignoring smaller markets won't help Leica sales. Rather a shame in this era of mass transport and communication. It's often easier to buy from overseas but it is also nice to try our a product first. 

• Like 1

I was in the Leica L.A. Store yesterday to send my M9 in for a sensor replacement.  I put my name on the M10 list (#53) and they told me that the wait would be substantial. Leica knew that it would be a very popular camera and has been manufacturing like crazy - but that initial orders have been tremendous. I'm anticipating at least 6 months.

• Like 1

I put my name on the list at a trusted dealer today.  But then, out of curiosity, I checked Amazon for the M10.  They listed five dealers, Adorama, Roberts and three others that I have not heard of, each offering one at the standard price.  I put a few of them into my cart.  Each one said something along the lines of "just one left in stock."  I'm dubious, so I emptied the cart, but has anyone tried this path?

scott

Edited by scott kirkpatrick

I put my name on the list at a trusted dealer today.  But then, out of curiosity, I checked Amazon for the M10.  They listed five dealers, Adorama, Roberts and three others that I have not heard of, each offering one at the standard price.  I put a few of them into my cart.  Each one said something along the lines of "just one left in stock."  I'm dubious, so I emptied the cart, but has anyone tried this path?

scott

I did not. Amazon always seems to be behind on these type of pre-orders so I didn't bother. If one is listed in-stock on Amazon, it should be in-stock. Only once has an order been canceled by Amazon because a third party seller had an incorrect stock count. If you purchase through Amazon, you are as protected as one can get in this world. You can always send it back.

Has anyone else heard anymore on B&H or other shops supply? I am hoping this doesn't turn into a Loxia lens wait time.

Edited by 6bit

I got on the waitlist for one on the 7th of this month at my local shop in Seattle, WA. They got a small shipment in today and I just got mine a few hours ago. (Still in the box... waiting until I get home)

I saw a few listed on Amazon yesterday but I already knew I wanted to give my local shop some business anyway. Sucks to pay tax, but they've got to stay in business too. Where else am I going to get darkroom stuff locally?

As someone who works at Amazon, if something is listed as "ships from Amazon" you can be certain it's in stock. It's in our warehouse even if it's a third-party seller.

• Like 3

Yep.  Amazon Prime has one listed (would cost me sales tax), and there are three other third-party sellers listing stock (no sales tax).  I'll stick with my usual dealer.  

scott

edit:  gone now.  Be careful.  Searching for an M10 seems to land you on a page of M[240]s.

Edited by scott kirkpatrick

I am in as well (middle of Germany)- dont know if it was just a first batch and now people have to wait but I am certainly happy to have one. I first talked myself into skipping but now I am quite happy with it. The M240 and 262 are great and all changes are (IMO) minor steps forward, but the overall package is even closer to the feel and simplicity of analog photography. Indeed it even motivates me to put a film in my M3. 

• Like 1