M10 the new maestro II sensor.

leica1215

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I have only shot with the M10 for a few days but the camera in aperture priority defaults to ISO200 the majority of the time. 

With my Canon 1Dx  (have use a lot of autoISO with it in my underwater shooting) setting a fairly high minimum shutter speed (1/250 or 1/500) while doing aperture priority at a smallish aperture (f/11 or so - needed to focus on curved virtual image) invariably leads to high ISO being selected automatically at the ambient light levels I work in. Can the M10 be similarly configured?

• 1 year later...

Any recent updates to the M10 sensor mystery? Apparently the Nikon D850 sensor origins were solved by examining the product code printed around the edge of the D850 chip.  Anyone had the chance to tear the M10 apart and see what product code is printed around the edge of the M10 chip? 

With my Canon 1Dx  (have use a lot of autoISO with it in my underwater shooting) setting a fairly high minimum shutter speed (1/250 or 1/500) while doing aperture priority at a smallish aperture (f/11 or so - needed to focus on curved virtual image) invariably leads to high ISO being selected automatically at the ambient light levels I work in. Can the M10 be similarly configured?

As the aperture is mechanically selected, you'd have to set a particular shutter speed and then use auto-ISO (and configure it to select higher ISOs) and this would work. You can also try to up the minimum shutter speed, but I am not sure how high that setting goes on the M10.