Best SD card for M8.2 in 2017?

RvN

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Probably discussed earlier but not every SD Card seems available anymore cause of progress..

But what is the best SD card one can buy now for the M8.2 to not get problems / banding but also has enough reach GB.. I use a 16GB card at the moment. One of my SD cards gave stripes when in continuous mode. The first would be ok but the second would have the stripes.

If possible a 32gb would be nice for weddings etc. But if this adds to problems than i stick with 16gb.

Edited by RvN

Probably discussed earlier but not every SD Card seems available anymore cause of progress..

But what is the best SD card one can buy now for the M8.2 to not get problems / banding but also has enough reach GB.. I use a 16GB card at the moment. One of my SD cards gave stripes when in continuous mode. The first would be ok but the second would have the stripes.

If possible a 32gb would be nice for weddings etc. But if this adds to problems than i stick with 16gb.

I've had pretty good experiences with the San Disk Ultra series (16 or 32 GB).

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Anybody experience problems with cards that have a fast write speed? I have some cards I used with my A7. (a lexar and sandisk 32GB 95mbs) Maybe overkill for the M8.2 but if i can use them with confidence them it saves buying new cards.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Anybody experience problems with cards that have a fast write speed? I have some cards I used with my A7. (a lexar and sandisk 32GB 95mbs) Maybe overkill for the M8.2 but if i can use them with confidence them it saves buying new cards.

I don't use cards that big with my M8.2 because the frame counter cannot show more than 999 shots so if the card holds more images the counter remains locked to 999. For dng+jpg files, 8GB is the right size for me but some colleagues here use 4GB or smaller cards which are quite affordable and work as well as faster ones on M8/M8.2 bodies. Now i did some tests with a 32GB Sandisk Extreme Pro 95 MB/s a couple of years ago and it worked flawlessly on my M8.2 then. Speed is not a problem per se but M8/M8.2 bodies don't accept cards larger than 32GB anyway. 

LeicaM8-2_technical_data.pdf

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...