OUFRO and focus peak / magnification

DickieT

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi guys,

I was playing around today making some portraits with my 240, 75 Summilux and OUFRO (to increase proximity) and realised that the focus peaking in my EVF no longer worked. I tried to set the lens detection to "off" but that made no difference.

Is this correct behaviour of my camera and/or is there a work around? In the end my photo's were sharp (no focus issues with my 75) but the magnification makes life easy sometimes!

Thanks for your help - Dick

Focus peaking responds to edge contrast and works best with long lenses and high-contrast subjects. It can be quite subtle in the interest of accuracy. It helps visibility to set the peaking to red and the image to black and white.

• Like 1

Thanks Jaap - I am aware that FP can be subtle, but normally it works just fine, i.e. when I take the OUFRO off. I have tried a variety of subjects with plenty of edge contrast but no coloured lines appear. Also there is no automatic magnification..

I have found a simple workaround for the latter - turn off the automatic Focus Aid in the Menu and use the button on the front to switch it on when needed (5x or 10x)

Edited by DickieT

Hi guys,

I was playing around today making some portraits with my 240, 75 Summilux and OUFRO (to increase proximity) and realised that the focus peaking in my EVF no longer worked. I tried to set the lens detection to "off" but that made no difference.

Is this correct behaviour of my camera and/or is there a work around? In the end my photo's were sharp (no focus issues with my 75) but the magnification makes life easy sometimes!

Thanks for your help - Dick

I guess you are referring to automatic image magnification (and not focus peaking that shows colored lines).

Image magnification is achieved by RF cam movement. Since you have no can movement with OUFRO, you won't get automatic image magnification.

Your work around is a proper solution.

Edited by jmahto

Thanks Jaap - I am aware that FP can be subtle, but normally it works just fine, i.e. when I take the OUFRO off. I have tried a variety of subjects with plenty of edge contrast but no coloured lines appear. Also there is no automatic magnification..

I have found a simple workaround for the latter - turn off the automatic Focus Aid in the Menu and use the button on the front to switch it on when needed (5x or 10x)

That is correct, It will not switch automatically when the movement sensor in the RF mechanism is not activated through lack of RF coupling, as mentioned above.