The view through older Glass

farnz

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Street performers

Kinoptik Fulgior 50mm f1.3 + M9p

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 11

Jeff,

I'm astounded by the rare and exotic lenses you have access to, some of which I have to admit I hadn't heard of, so thank you so much for letting us see what they can produce!

Just for the record, were the Zunow pictures taken wide open?

Pete.

Hi Farnz

Yes...in most cases I shot always wide open. Only in bright day light I will step down.

This world it's all about sharing so you are most welcome and very happy to share them with you. Will continue to post them one by one as I have most of my old lenses modified to fit M or S2 body. Some can't cover FF so I have it remount to Nex 7. You want to see some from the Nex 7 using the cine lenses? I didn't post them as this is a Lecai forum @@

Cheers,

Jeff

• Like 2

Jeff,

Thank you for the offer of pictures from (non-Leica?) lenses on the NEX 7 but I wouldn't want to get you into trouble with the forum's policy of either the camera or the lens or both being Leica.:o

The Zunow 50/1.1 is a lens I've been interested in for some time and the pictures you posted from it are fascinating, particularly the colourful out of focus discs in the centre of the third picture.

Pete.

Hi Pete,

Yes, That's what I thought. It's ok and I am always interested out these old lenses will performs with Leica.

The Zunow is one of my favor lens that produces very special and unique bokeh.

Attached 2 more shots using this Zunow 5cm f1. + M9

Cheers,

Jeff

• Like 6

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I second Pete's and Paul's sentiments. What an incredible array of (for me) almost unheard of lenses for the M! I find it extremely interesting to see how they render. And how the rendering varies. Take the last two shots as an example. The second shows a very well behaved and mild mannered lens with pleasant tones, smooth boke and almost modern sharpness. But the first one, wow, what a difference. The boke is much more unexpected, colours are intense and the lens seems to have apportioned sharpness a bit here and there. Really very interesting.

Thanks guys. I just felt in love when I first saw photos done by old lenses or cine lenses. It's like drugs...... I just dragged into it n start to collect them. It's not easy to find them as many of these lenses r very rare. It's a great treasure where we put an 50,80 or over 100 years old lens back to life! Like your title says, looking thru the old glasses offering you a second chance to photography. These old lenses r not perfect, but they offer a different type of rendering, bokeh, contrast n colors.

• Like 10

Good eyes. The camera s M4 BP. :)

Looking at the writing on the front it looks like a Summicron 8 element, I would be interested in your opinion of this lens, I am really enjoying my Summaron, have yet to really understand it but love the look at high ISO in low light and find the image stopped down really classic and 'rembrant' more than 'Constable' too.

M3 + 50 Summilux LTM

• Like 19

Sharing this old Franch cine lens....

Boyer Saphir 100mm f1.9 + S2 ~~

• Like 10