farnz

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

farnz

There has been a long and excellent thread running since January 2010 called "M8 and Old Glass", which contains many beautiful pictures using older lenses on M8's. I've wanted to contribute to the thread for some time since I've been experimenting with older glass but most of my shots now are with my M9-P or M2 and are out of place in that thread, so I decided to start a new thread that's not tied to a particular camera so that we can all benefit from seeing what older lenses can do.   Please

farnz

Those are lovely shots, Chaps, and thanks for the support.   Dirk, I've seen those superb shots before and they caused to me to lust after a 73/1.9 but I overcame the lust over time. But now it's started again! Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!:D.   Pete.   M9-P with 1947 CZJ 50/2 Sonnar in Contax RF mount. Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Ha

menos I M6

Nice idea Pete! i love old lenses!   Here are a few from an old pre-war Hektor 7.3cm f1.9:   Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!Hektor 7.3cm ƒ1.9 *1932 by teknopunk.com, on Flickr   Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!Hektor 7.3cm ƒ1.9 *1932 by teknopunk.com, on Flickr  

Posted Images

Had  a go with the ElmaritR 35 on M10R.  Pros: close focus and fantastic detail, Cons: Bulky and heavy, not something to take around. Waiting for the lottery to get the new Summicron.

M10P ASC + 1949 Nikkor 35/3.5 LTM, both wide open

For giggles : same location and same beverage (no colours here, so you'll have to trust me) as in my previous post but different camera and "glass"...

M10M + 1958 Canon 50/1.2 LTM ("all-black" version), wide open @ MFD

1937/38 28mm Tessar f8 CZJ Leica M "Skylanney" adapted on M10-P

1 minute ago, JMF said:

1937/38 28mm Tessar f8 CZJ Leica M "Skylanney" adapted on M10-P

Are you satisfied with Skylanney's workmanship, Jean-Marc?  (I'm not suggesting that you might not be, I just haven't seen any feedback from happy or disappointed customers.)

Pete.

1947 Carl Zeiss Jens 50/2 Sonnar with M10

9 minutes ago, farnz said:

Are you satisfied with Skylanney's workmanship, Jean-Marc?  (I'm not suggesting that you might not be, I just haven't seen any feedback from happy or disappointed customers.)

Pete.

1947 Carl Zeiss Jens 50/2 Sonnar with M10

Hello Pete,

yes, I am very satisfied with Chris Andreyo / Skyllaney's craftmanship.  Just went to visit him last week in Scotland and I have been impressed by his equipment and competence.

Chris@Skyllaney shot on 35 Summilux pre asph v2 1967 with M10-P

Chris @Skyllaney shot on 90mm Angénieux P1 1.8 1957 on M10-P

Best, Jean-Marc

4 hours ago, JMF said:

35 Summilux pre asph v2 1967 on M10-P

Mmm, could this be the same place? 😉🤣

M10P ASC + 1948 Schneider-Kreuznach Xenon 50/1.5 LTM, wide open

4 hours ago, JMF said:

yes, I am very satisfied with Chris Andreyo / Skyllaney's craftmanship.  Just went to visit him last week in Scotland and I have been impressed by his equipment and competence.

+1. Chris and Vita are a pleasure to deal with!

Same camera, lens and aperture as above.

Customary test shots of the garden variety...

M10P ASC + converted 196X TH Cooke Deep Field Panchro 100/2.5, both wide open

Posted (edited)

2 inch f2 Elcan Leica M adapted on M10-P ASC

Edited by JMF

2 inch f2 Elcan Leica M adapted on M10-P ASC