farnz

The view through older Glass

Two images taken on the Kent North Downs using the 1973 Elmar-C 1:4/90 (originally made for the Leica CL).  This is a remarkably good lens, sharp from wide open.  First at f/8, second at f/4.

Leica M Monochrom (M9M), Elmar-C 90 with orange filter, processed in Capture One.

On 10/15/2020 at 6:44 PM, Ecar said:

M240 + 1952 (KMZ) Industar-22 50/3.5 LTM (rigid version), wide open

Who do I have to call to get my garage sorted out to be as neat as this?

Continuing to slowly revisit some "almost forgotten" Soviet lenses.

ZK post-war lenses are said to have been manufactured using (at least some) Zeiss glass and/or other components. This copy of the lens appears to be uncoated - and LR had to come to the rescue to enhance contrast.

M10 + 1950 (KMZ) Zorki ZK 50/2 in Contax mount with Amedeo adapter

Edited by Ecar

More of the pair of friendly lumberjacks. This time with a younger, all-Russian coated version of the Contax Sonnar.

M10 + 1967 (Arsenal) Jupiter-8M 50/2 with Amedeo adapter, wide open

Some days ago I bought an Elmar 4/90, from the mid 50's (like me). I learned that the optical design is from the 1930's and expected some "romantic", like my Meyer Görlitz. But there is no, I'm surprised. 

First the rose close up, no Crop, with M10M, F 4.0 or 5.6

Landscape, with SL601, works in friendly light, has the vintage look but also a lot of detail, F11

M9M + 1956 (KMZ) Jupiter-12 35/2.8 LTM

First one wide open, 2nd one @ f/8

On 10/11/2020 at 8:48 AM, Ecar said:

Anything goes, [to get vintage glass- ] really: eBay, dealers, auctions, forum classifieds, exchange networks, etc. It's a never-ending (but fun) quest. A word of caution: it gets addictive, time consuming - and potentially expensive.
Now, in order to deflect Pete's wrath, I will have to stick to the thread's rules and post a picture 😉

M10 + 1954 Schneider-Kreuznach Xenogon 35/2.8 LTM, wide open

It is addictive, but hopefully you do not so much mindfullness about it as Aristoteles ...

The Bertele Sonnar 50/2 being made currently is based on the 1934 Carl Zeiss Jena 5cm F2 Sonnar.

I plan on comparing this 1934 CZJ 5cm F2 Sonnar when my Bertele Sonnar arrives. I'm excited.

All wide-open on the M Monochrom, Walz Y2 filter. I wrote my own software to add a Gamma curve to the DNG files, these are straight exports to JPEG after running them through my FORTRAN-77 code.

This lens is converted from Contax mount to RF-coupled LTM using a tabbed Jupiter-8 focus mount. The J-8 focus is modified to go to 0.75m

Last shot is a 100% crop- I did not notice the Spider on the leaf until pixel peeping for focus.

Edited by BrianS