farnz

The view through older Glass

M10 + 1979 Apo-Telyt 3,4/180

I had to try again with a tripod to see if that would make the pictures sharper. The problem for me with long tele lenses and EVF is that it is difficult to focus because of hand shake. It is probably old age, and a lack of experience in this type of photo. For handheld photo I find a 135mm easier to focus with the rangefinder than the EVF.

Summicron 50 2nd Version on M240

As I made this shot, the owner came back, said "fine car, isn't it?" and as I agreed he offered me a ride which I had to reject as my break was nearly over

2 hours ago, Ecar said:

M10 + 1999 Konica Hexanon 60/1.2 LTM

Ooh you have the legendary Hexanon 60/1.2?!  They're very rare and I've been quietly keeping an eye out for one for years.  Well done!

Pete.

2 hours ago, farnz said:

Ooh you have the legendary Hexanon 60/1.2?!  They're very rare and I've been quietly keeping an eye out for one for years.  Well done!

Pete.

Thanks, Pete. Yes, this was the result of another of my long-term quests - difficult to find, especially in LNIB condition, and even more difficult to buy at a half-decent price. Only 800 of these were manufactured. Now, the even rarer (probably no more than 300 made) original Konishiroku version from the mid-50's would be really interesting...

Anyway, I have had it for a few months now, but didn't quite find the time to use it properly - and compare it to some other fast 50mm lenses I own. Nothing scientific, but always fun to try and understand the character of flagship lenses which designs were considered somewhat "extreme" in their time.

In order to keep the thread focused on the images 😉, here's one taken during the same session (and same B&W processing in LR) with another unusual Konica lens:

M10 + 2000 Konica M-Hexanon 50/1.2 wide open

Untitled by JM__, on Flickr

Untitled by JM__, on Flickr

au Père Lachaise by JM__, on Flickr

35 Boyer Topaz f3.5 - M2 - Ektachrome 100

Letizia Battaglia - Palermo / IMS RJ by JM__, on Flickr

Letizia Battaglia - Palermo / IMS RJ by JM__, on Flickr

35 Canon 1.5 LTM - M2 - expired TMax 100 pushed 2 stops